Vital gear problems

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I bought the Fb1 and the brightness of the kl1 on it has now gotten to a point that its not worth carrying around. I put the same head with the same batteries on an e1e body and it is SO much brighter, and the tint is much better. I've lost at least 10 lumens because of the FB1, and it is most likely the fault of the switch. I'll post some beamshots later on tonight.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the new coil spring one. It always blinks when I turn it on and off.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This shouldnt have happened in the first place though. I think it would be easier to get it replaced. Any warranty on their products?

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the beamshots but you cant tell the difference, htough there is a large one.

-David

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the latest ones have a spring and flicker? mine have the little semi u shaped contacts. so which is newer? I like the
ones i got, just nee to tweek once in a great while.

so if the spring ones are newest, have they (VG) fixed this
problem? VDG

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
New ones have the coil and by cheapo's post I'd say they didn't fix the problem.

Cheapo, does yours still have that odd flat o-ring between the tailcap and body?

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
glock_nor_cal said:
yeah i was interested in getting one for my kl4 but i heard theyre cheap crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where you got that but I've been using a single cell version of the old style daily for about 6 months without a problem. I've also got 2 of the 2 cell old style with E2D heads and other than the goofy o-ring I've not had trouble with those either. The o-ring problem will be remedied soon with a regular o-ring.

Of course YMMV,
-LT

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
glock, they are actually very nicely made. Better than the body of most domestically made lights. The clickie is very smooth, and the momentary works great. the location of the clip makes it ideal to carry in pckets. I don't know who told you they are cheap crap, but they sure will hate a lot of lights out there...

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my problems with the switches in the Vital Gear. With a little work on making a secure connection in the switch the light is reliable. It is a 10 to 15 minute job.

I really like the VG body. It looks nice, feels good in the hand and is slimmer, shorter then a lot of lights and is reasonably priced.

I like the FB3 body. I can put an Aleph3 head on it running a Downboy 917 converter and a UX1J or VX1S emitter in the light and run the setup with 3xRCR123A cells. The set up is barely longer than a Surefire L2. You should see how impressive the beam is.

And an FB1 body with a SF L4 head is just so cute, pocketable and bright.

IMO I think someone needs to look at the Vital Gear products more closely. VG makes good products.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lunal_Tic said:
New ones have the coil and by cheapo's post I'd say they didn't fix the problem.

Cheapo, does yours still have that odd flat o-ring between the tailcap and body?

-LT

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it has the flat O-ring.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a defective one and I still would say that it is not cheap crap. The HAIII is top quality, no scratches on mine. Tailcap is a little fragile, but it is small. Lighthound has agreed to replace it, very good salesman is jcciv, I give lighthound 5 stars for service.

-David

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
on these forums.
i heard there were problems with the clickies. the head down carry is appealing to me.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think their goal was to make the light smaller than an e1e body, and since the middle peice of the e1e body is as small as it gets, they downsized their clicky. Bad mistake, I'de rather have a more reliable, but bigger clicky.

-David