ARC LSL EDC owner wants LED with more throw??

DDS

Enlightened
I don't have much experience with LED's but I EDC my LS and use it everyday. My only problem is it's limited throw when used in the woods down the path to my dock. What are some good suggestions for an EDC that gives the best of both worlds with regards spill and throw? Cost is not a main issue. I really appreciate the high quality of my ARC and feel it was worth the $$. A two stage setting for high/low would be great. Any feedback/opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Dave
PS: I was given a E2e as a gift which is real nice but I like the small size of the ARC. My E2e is dedicated to my fanny pack as of now. Was thinking of getting a K1 but have heard mixed reviews on beam quality.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swapping the LD emitter for a nice High Dome Lux III would be the first step. Replacing the stock optic with a reflector or Fraen optic would be next. Might as well throw a UCL in there and boost up the drive current a bit too.

That should do the trick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

wmirag

Enlightened
Litfuse did the mod for my LSL back in April 2005 and I am very happy with it. It throws much further than it did and it puts out a brighter, whiter, more defined beam also. I already had the two-stage switch and that makes the LS very much more useful as an EDC.

DDS

Enlightened
LitFuse: Thanks for the reply but I am totally uninformed about these mods. Would you please email me with the specifics, including price, and delivery time. I would like to know what each component/modification provides. What other lights would the mod. light compare to in throw, spill, whitenes and clarity of beam? Thank you! Dave

PS: I can call you to discuss, if you prefer?

rugbymatt

Enlightened
LitFuse modded my LS and it is now a great light. the price is resonable and you won't find better turn around time. I got mine back in a week. He also gave me some good advice to start modding by myself. You could not ask for a better person to do your mod or to deal with.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
DDS- PM sent, sorry about the delay.

wmirag & rugbymatt- Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif