• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: ONE JIL 1.3W FLuPIC Mod - $50

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am offering ONE mod for a JIL 1.3W to use my FLuPIC circuit. This firmware features everything the POP2G circuit does. I will pot the circuit and the emitter board with thermal compound to gurantee maximum thermal transfer.

I am asking that you send your JIL 1.3W to me so I can solder and pot everything together. I will charge $50 for this mod but I promise you won't regret this. I love my small JIL with so much power. Especially Adjustable LOW and HIGH modes. It also features SOS and strobe from those emergency and disco times =D

First to drop me a PM will get this limited offer. Thanks.

Edit: Price dropped!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: ONE JIL 1.3W FLuPIC Mod

Phaseburn,

I did own a DD until I sent it back to warren to check it out for potential problem. I did not fully take it apart but I don't think there is enough room for a board inside. I need minimum 1cm space and I highly doubt that is available.

I really think the 1.3W is as small as it can get for 'intelligent' lights (not DD).

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah...I'm thinking of re-selling my DD and getting another 1.3W. I bought a bunch of RCR2s and would like to use them no in the DD because all I need sometimes is a lower light level.

M_R

Enlightened

goldserve,

Just curious as to the firmware you are offering, is it the same as DJParks latest 2.31? And how is the Jill on the quick on/offs that are required for the interface, can it be done with one hand?

Thanks,

Matthew

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

M_R,

If you give me a day, I will have firmware that is comparable to the latest 2.31. I have one or two changes like two levels of light to be able to be adjusted instead of 1 so you can actually set a low and set a high. The output goes from 5% to 100% so there is nothing lost in the PWM for high. In my opinion, this makes it a much simpler firmware because the user can set the first mode as high and second level as low without calling it a whole new UI. Other changes is that it doesn't take 10 turns to get to the UI adjustment.

For the JIL, I will adjust the timeout to 1 sec instead of 700ms because the JIL is quite tight. If right now you can't turn on and off your light quickly with one hand, you probably won't be able to do it with a microcontroller installed =D I'm sure you'll figure a why to make the JIL a little smoother, maybe take out and replace with a different o-ring.

Cheers,
Kevin