Wuben        
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, *Almost Found*.

  1. #1
    *Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lost In Space
    Posts
    5,441

    Default WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, *Almost Found*.

    I would like to purchace One MAG D size flashlight body, that is Cut down to use 1D in the body. i do NOT need the switch or the reflector but i do need the rubber switch cover.

    It CAN potentially have some scuffs and scratches, as it will be USED not shelved, but it would be preferable if it didnt look like it fell off the back of a truck. So i am not going to be bothered if you get a Chuck mark on it.

    it should not be BLACK, about any of the other colors are ok. prefered color is red or blue or silver.

    WHY
    I was going to try and make another Tri or Quad LUXIII light using a li-ion D cell.

    If you have the capacity to DO the Cut Just for little ol me, then wack off 65-68MM ( a bit extra) off the Tail end and stick some threads in there.

    Modamag had some before, but doesnt have any at this moment, although he may do it again from what i understand.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* 4x4Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, for cheapskate.

    hey vidpro,

    hope you don't mind, not trying to raid your thread but i would like to express my interest in someone doing this for me as well. just bought a used maglite 3d off ebay and im wanting to have it cut down to 1D size.

    so anyone, please of course tend to vidpro first but please don't forget about me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* 4x4Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, for cheapskate.

    [ QUOTE ]
    VidPro said:
    I would like to purchace One MAG D size flashlight body, that is Cut down to use 1D in the body. i do NOT need the switch or the reflector but i do need the rubber switch cover.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    hey vidpro, also found this post...

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...art=1&vc=1

    $38 is a good price IMO

    i've just got my own mag 3d now or else i'd purchase one of the above

  4. #4

    Default Re: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, for cheapskate.

    There are silver 1D Mag's at the sandwich shoppe from Modamag.

    Link

  5. #5
    *Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lost In Space
    Posts
    5,441

    Default Re: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, for cheapskate.

    [ QUOTE ]
    4x4Dragon said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    VidPro said:
    I would like to purchace One MAG D size flashlight body, that is Cut down to use 1D in the body. i do NOT need the switch or the reflector but i do need the rubber switch cover.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    hey vidpro, also found this post...

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...art=1&vc=1

    $38 is a good price IMO

    i've just got my own mag 3d now or else i'd purchase one of the above

    [/ QUOTE ]

    38$ is just about right [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    i didnt realize they still existed, i sent an e-mail off to five megga to ask him about the project, and if he is still selling [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Thanks that is zactally what i was lookin for

  6. #6
    *Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lost In Space
    Posts
    5,441

    Default Re: WTB Cut down MAG 1D body, for cheapskate.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Former_Mag_User said:
    There are silver 1D Mag's at the sandwich shoppe from Modamag.

    Link

    [/ QUOTE ]

    ahh and just about the same price, cool thanks.
    because i hope one of these will work, i will change the title to almost found.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •