Arc AAA in candle mode

Scottiver

Enlightened
I've read that some people complain that the Arc AAA can't be used in candle mode. Well I think that i've found a solution to that. I remove the split ring, then flip the clip around and slide it down to the end and voila! candle mode.

Last edited:

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
LINK

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candle is supposed to sperad light on sides... Though I dont have an Arc... but as far as i know Arc By Itself Cannot throw light to sides...

It would be great if we can put some small "Tube" ... I did small experimentation with the Surgical Needle's (size 24) (milky white) Cap ... and it should work great ...

83Venture

Enlightened
Think someone mentioned this back a couple years ago on the previous ARC versions. Also works on the CMG Infinity/Ultra.

Luxman

Enlightened
Scottier,
Nice, but what is that on the bottom to allow it to stand??
(I have the new ARC-P)
Update: Oh I see, its the clip iteslf...Good idea...

Matsan, Good link...Thanks!

Darell,
I almost fell out of my chair when I read your comment... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Any other ideas for a white cap??

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
Candle is supposed to sperad light on sides... Though I dont have an Arc... but as far as i know Arc By Itself Cannot throw light to sides...

It would be great if we can put some small "Tube" ... I did small experimentation with the Surgical Needle's (size 24) (milky white) Cap ... and it should work great ...

[/ QUOTE ]

posted on this a while back but check my solution out:

it's the diffuser tube from a Garrity Funtastik light.(like $2.67 at walmart) like here: http://www.garritylites.com/site/retail_details.php?recid=87&cat=5

all you do is cut the tube off with a bread knife or something 'cleaner' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif just above where the led sits inside the garrity light. then slide the tube onto the end of the arc aaa until it stops and VOILA!! and in my experience, i could just grip the tube right where the Arc head is at and still power it on/off thanks to the head knurling on the arc.

even with the old arc aaa's it made a great little tent light(3 person tent, better in solo tent) Now I can't wait to get a new Arc AAA-P with it's brighter output!!! to use with the diffuser.

The above posted clip mod combined with mine would make one awesome little power outage table light.

oh, btw the white tubed garrity is the best to use.

Luxman

Enlightened
I found an old film canister and drilled a hole in the lid.
Seems to work ok:

0572arcdrk6008ii.jpg

0573arclt6008px.jpg

Can't wait to try this tonight.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4X4,
I think yours will work better since it will catch more of the center beam and throw more to the side.

txmatt

Enlightened
Thanks 4x4Dragon, I'll have to make one of these up.

BTW, the Arc AAA plus glow tube is about the right scale to be a light saber for the stuffed animal in your pic.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Luxman,
Without anything in your pics to show scale, your Arc looks like a trendy full-size table lamp! Very cool.

I can't to try some of these tricks with my Ultra-G.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've been looking for these Garrity glowsticks ever since I first saw this mentioned a couple years ago. Does anyone know a place local to them where they could pick a few of them up and ship to me? There's no place to order online. Even the places the Garrity site mentions doesn't have them listed. I'd be intereste in (3) white and (1) of each additional color.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
I've been looking for these Garrity glowsticks ever since I first saw this mentioned a couple years ago. Does anyone know a place local to them where they could pick a few of them up and ship to me? There's no place to order online. Even the places the Garrity site mentions doesn't have them listed. I'd be intereste in (3) white and (1) of each additional color.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'll hook you up TIN. PM me. i can get you some from the local wally world.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
txmatt said:
Thanks 4x4Dragon, I'll have to make one of these up.

BTW, the Arc AAA plus glow tube is about the right scale to be a light saber for the stuffed animal in your pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!! yeah bad pic, that was with my mom's digi cam before i got my digi cam

that's stitch as in Lilo & Stitch.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Luxman said:
I found an old film canister and drilled a hole in the lid.
Seems to work ok:

0572arcdrk6008ii.jpg

0573arclt6008px.jpg

Can't wait to try this tonight.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4X4,
I think yours will work better since it will catch more of the center beam and throw more to the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

well im sure they both function about the same and yours defineately looks cool, like a miniature lamp.

the thing i like about the garrity diffuser is that you can still activate/deactivate the light while the diffuser is on and plus it's very streamline/slim.