What is the real story on the LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is alot of mystery on the LC and I think this has caused much division and angst on CPF.

I know TW was beat hard due to the way he handled things and he should have done things differently but this does not answer certain questions.

Did CPF get its cut for the CPF label?

The price on the LC was blamed on CPF's cut but CPF's cut would only add a few dollard to this total, what gives?

Some think that the reason the LC was so high was because of the TW markup but did TW really charge an super high markup on these? The battery issue I can see.

How were some of these in peoples hands before the PrePay people?

How much more was really paid for the CPF ones than the bare ones? I know there were extras added and that some of these extras should add to the price as well as the CPF cut. But if we adjust that, how much more did these really cost?

How many lights are there? Were they all made at the sametime? This might be related to the question on how some were in circulation before the PrePay ones. Perhaps they where beta test lights which might be a good thing.

What is the story on the Titanium ones?

Maybe if these questions can be answered some people can move on.

Greta

Flashaholic
CPF has not received it's "cut" from Dan/Tactical Warehouse. However, Charlie sent it... despite my protests.

XFlash

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
CPF has not received it's "cut" from Dan/Tactical Warehouse. However, Charlie sent it... despite my protests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe anyone could question Charlie's integrity.

H_Alpha

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmmm, Alice learned a lot when she followed the white rabbit underground.
Maybe all we need is to find some rabbit to follow to the CPFUnderground ... for enlightenment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan: No I am still not paying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Charlie: Then I'll pay it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif
Sasha: No I don't want it from you Charlie, I want it from Dan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
Charlie: Take it, or I'll shove it down your throat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It looks like Charlie is taking care of part of his mistake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Way to go MRBulk!
Now Dan OWES $$$ to Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif and the rest of us can have some peace around here.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are lots of questions, and I would believe few unassailable truths about the LC.

What we know is that 200 CPF SE's were built, that an unknown number of brass and aluminums LC's were built and that the entire thing has not been handled as well as it could have by anyone involved.

I would commend Charlie for stepping in where Dan didn't, but I still wish he hadn't had to do so.

The whole issue has shown what happens when profit becomes the only motive behind an issue.

My guess is that the answers will lie somewhere in the middle of lots of stories and that no single story will tell all the truth.

Bill

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
3rd,
Are you posting actual things said or are you waxing poetic?
The line from Charlie to Sasha is a little over the top IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are right, but now Sasha can move onto worrying about other things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Like what to do with this thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

*yawn* I'm headed to bed, I'm tired already. Goodnight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
3rd,
Are you posting actual things said or are you waxing poetic?
The line from Charlie to Sasha is a little over the top IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Beam-y, the "line" went pretty much almost like that. And the e-mails from me to Sasha when I was making the offer, were actually sent BEFORE the Revelations thread - just in case anyone still believes there was some "angle" from me on this.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Bulk I can't believe you would say "take it or I'll shove it down your throat"
That is what was posted by 3rd initially.
If I am wrong my apoligies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
FWIW... Don also sent me a donation for the exact amount that Dan had promised. But I very quickly hit the paypal refund button on that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ... Don had nothing whatsoever to do with that project... but it sure was very sweet and generous of him to at least try to make sure CPF didn't suffer any more than it already has from this mess.

Love ya much Don...
whipping.gif

And... a whole bunch of you CPF'ers have also made very generous donations. All are very much appreciated... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hey can we please make it known every where that charlie did this kiind gesture.so people know the true kinda person he is.he is a true gentlemen

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a nightmare and woke up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
MR Bulk, you have a pm incoming on the ST after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
brb....

pm sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted this in the underground but I believe it is relevant enough that people up here read it as well. I had the number of 100 lights incorrect though, it should have been 200 which will slightly alter the figures, but not by enough that it really matters.

edited slightly for language

[ QUOTE ]
As I was discussing last night, $300 per light, minus the paypal fee of $9 leaves Tactical Warehouse with $61, they use FedEx at a charge of $8 which I assume is inclusive of packaging fees leaving $53 "profit". I can't remember exactly what the agreed CPF cut was, but I seem to remember numbers like $400 and $750 from the Revelations thread. Dan was to pay that out of his cut as well. A $400 donation on 100 lights makes it $4 each, a total of $49 left for Dan, and $750 would be $7.50 per light would leave Dan with $45.50, that is by several individuals calculations less than 1/3 of what Charlie profited on the light.

Dan was indeed acting like a jerk the last months or so, but I can understand a bit why, Charlie was #&*@ing him over from the start, he had this whole thing plotted out right from the day they partnered up.

Charlie made more on the lights he sold personally than Tactical Warehouse did on the limited editions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be interesting to find out from the machineshop just how many units were ordered. If there was 500 then Charlie is one sick twisted individual.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
I posted this in the underground but I believe it is relevant enough that people up here read it as well. I had the number of 100 lights incorrect though, it should have been 200 which will slightly alter the figures, but not by enough that it really matters.

edited slightly for language

[ QUOTE ]
As I was discussing last night, $300 per light, minus the paypal fee of $9 leaves Tactical Warehouse with $61, they use FedEx at a charge of $8 which I assume is inclusive of packaging fees leaving $53 "profit". I can't remember exactly what the agreed CPF cut was, but I seem to remember numbers like $400 and $750 from the Revelations thread. Dan was to pay that out of his cut as well. A $400 donation on 100 lights makes it $4 each, a total of $49 left for Dan, and $750 would be $7.50 per light would leave Dan with $45.50, that is by several individuals calculations less than 1/3 of what Charlie profited on the light.

Dan was indeed acting like a jerk the last months or so, but I can understand a bit why, Charlie was #&*@ing him over from the start, he had this whole thing plotted out right from the day they partnered up.

Charlie made more on the lights he sold personally than Tactical Warehouse did on the limited editions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be interesting to find out from the machineshop just how many units were ordered. If there was 500 then Charlie is one sick twisted individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
Wow, it's been months since I have been in the underground.
Maybe I should go back and look? nahhh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
Dan: No I am still not paying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Charlie: Then I'll pay it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif
Sasha: No I don't want it from you Charlie, I want it from Dan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
Charlie: Take it, or I'll shove it down your throat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It looks like Charlie is taking care of part of his mistake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Way to go MRBulk!
Now Dan OWES $$$ to Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif and the rest of us can have some peace around here.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK 3rd this is for posterity.

I still can't believe Charlie would say something along these lines...but I don't know him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was revision #4. or was it #5? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
But I'm happy with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.