Dorcy 1 Watt 3xAAA Metal Gear

deww

Newly Enlightened
I saw this http://www.dorcy.com/41-4281.htm yesterday in a Walmart near by me. It was the only one left. I picked it up naturally. The lens / head unit part is removable with a little force, but there's some silicone adhesive in it, which tells me it wasn't meant to be. The first time I did this, the whole LED module fell out, but after I got home, I was not able to get it out the same way. Not sure why. My impressions so far it is whiter than the other Dorcy 1 Watt I own: http://www.dorcy.com/1_watt_led.htm. The beam is similiar to the QIII, but my QIII and the other Dorcy looks a little greenish compared to this one. I got the "Metal Gear" for about $20 after tax. I am pretty happy with the purchase. Has anyone else seen this? What are your impressions of it? I tried using the search feature, but I haven't a clue what the search options are looking for.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one, "Metal Gear", Dorcy 1 Watt Luxeon flashlight, in black at Walmart today.

I was also able to open up the head. There was silcone all over the threads. My led module did not fall out when I unscrewed the head.

I have pictures at this thread, go towards the bottom of the page. 3AA Side-by-Side 1W Flashlight

dda

Newly Enlightened
Nice light for $20. Had to get two of them to ward off power failures you know. Mine came apart also but when you screw the head back on it forces the retaininer back into the flashlight tube. I think the silicone causes the retainer to stick in the head the first time you take it apart. I think we all know it wasn't designed to take apart. At least this light won't roll away from you like the other 3aaa Dorcy 1 watt will. I also like the belt clip.

deww

Newly Enlightened
Ooh. Similiar experiences with the module. Too bad I only found one. :) I might go back and check it out later. I didn't see that little re-order card there, so I am not too hopeful. Thanks for the pictures. I am pretty happy with this light too. The other Dorcy's blinking mode drives me a little batty, but I suppose it can be useful.

ac0311

Newly Enlightened
Got one, been looking for another after I did a 36hrs constant on run test. Good light for the money $20.15 w/tax. Nice WHITE light, after 17 hrs the light was usable upto 36hrs & the kids & I got busy & forgot to check afterwards. Overall good buy:)

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy 1 Watt, "Metal Gear"

dsc008269ce.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting