SF U2

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
After 6-7 weeks my Surefire is arrived.I will get it tomorrow at the local postoffice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.I also got the second Zeiss OEM 2 this week.It seems to be "christmas time" this week .

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
Aloha ZeissOEM2,
Yes- you will love your new U2, probably even as it becomes your "olde" U2 too! heheheh
I use mine as my UDC, everywhere I go it goes with me. And can we talk about the adjustable beam? So sick!
Regards,
Jay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
ZeissOEM2,

You'll love the U2. For its size and weight it's a
fantastic light. It's got it all. ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Good luck with your new U2 !

This flashlight stuff is intoxicating ...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Thanks .
The U2 is fantastic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks for info about U2 ,earlier on this forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh another one has been corrupted! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hey, add your opinion to FLDB so that you may corrupt others into spending money they shouldn't on the U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surprisingly, the U2 is the most popular light on FLDB. Well, maybe not surprising. You will have to pry mine from my cold dead hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Freedom1955

Enlightened
I was going to sell my U2, then I bought some LG 18650-2400mah rechargeable batteries. She's a keeper now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin,

Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious, but what is "FLDB" ?

I've likewise got a U2 on the way, that I really planned on playing with for a few minutes, so I would know what all the fuss is about, and then selling. But, if it's as good as you say, who knows....

Thanks

matthewdanger

Enlightened
The FLDB is Kevin's excellent flashlight review database... see his signature for the link. Register and start reviewing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Matthew. Found it---great site and a very helpful service. Thanks, Kevin, for putting this together. Look forward to reading more and putting up some posts.

Thanks again,

Andrew

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoyed reading Kevin's U2 review on FLDB. Given what he said about the U2 having some built in protection re: overdischarged cells, etc., what would be the pros and cons of going with unprotected vs. protected 18650s in the U2?

Thanks for any opinions.

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
Heh another one has been corrupted! CONGRATULATIONS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think more along the lines of "enlightened" (pun intended) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luxman

Enlightened
I put this in a couple other current threads....and just had to add this here:

I had a U2, but did not like the "doughnut" and felt the lowest light level was too bright - so I don't have it any more. [still true]

But.....I do miss it....and if there was ONE light I feel is versatile and I could depend on if I was out in the middle of nowhere - it would be the U2.

So I just ordered one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do, however, hold Kiessling at least partially responsible....after I saw his U2 picture...I could not resist anymore!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[Resistance is futile]

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Luxman said:
I had a U2, but did not like the "doughnut" and felt the lowest light level was too bright - so I don't have it any more. [still true]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to get rid of the donut on my U2 by very slightly deepening the position of the LED in relation to the reflector. This involved opening up the bezel at the junction that's almost level with the LED. YMMV on this because opening the bezel can range from easy (mine), to difficult, to impossible. A thread-locking substance makes this so. If you're able to open up the bezel, you can stick an O-ring in the gap to maintain the distance and refocus the LED. The U2 is supposed to be focused properly with the donut present. I like a donut-less beam so I can live with the out-of-focus U2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vontech

Newly Enlightened
Hey, KevinL!! You suck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

(I just ordered a U2, too). I've held off too long, so now I can join the milling throng!

Really, THANKS for all your advice!

Tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif You deserve it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

(both good and bad, but I am sure the U2 will bring you far more good than bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

You know what they say.....JUST DO IT!!

Tomorrow I think I am going to "just do it" on a $600 purchase.. :shaking-in-fear-graemlin: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

Andrew, glad you found FLDB useful. The whole idea behind it was to gather as many user opinions as possible on a given light, to help make purchasing decisions easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (or not.. when the wallet is screaming "NO MORE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)