T1 vs Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon

KS

Newly Enlightened
I thought my T1 was powerful with its super duper optics, until I heard about the streamlight and I check the charts at Flashlightreviews.I was in for a shock.

Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon;
Throw (Lux) ~ 3000 at beam center. (54.77 Comparison Chart equivalent)
Overall Output ~ 2350 (23.50 Comparison Chart equivalent)

Throw T1: ~ 600 at beam center. (24.49 Comparison Chart equivalent)
Overall Output T1: ~ 1400 (14.00 Comparison Chart equivalent)

Both are Lux1. Anyone care to explain.
Is the Streamlight overdriven since its got 4AA?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
KS-

I have both lights. The numbers do not lie. In my light testing lab which is late night dog walks in very rural NC, the difference is very real.

The SL blows away the T1 & T2. The T3 & T4 have comparable throw but nowhere near the spill of the SL. The only LED that I have used that outdoes it overall it is the SF U2.

I do not think is is accomplised by massive overdriving, but by the much larger and deeper reflector. Also the run time on the SL propoly is much longer than any Inova T or the U2.

The one penalty for this is larger size and weight, but the 4AA is still quite manageable.

Considering both the price and the performance, the SL propoly 4AA is hard to beat.

There is now a 3C version with the same output and 5+ hours of runtime, but I really do not need another light in this category. Of course that does not mean I won't be ordering one very soon.

Welcome to CPF. Sometimes the fun (and the frustration) is finding the light that outperforms one costing many times more.

Mark