Used Handgun value?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Just go to your local Gun Shop and ask them what they will give you for it. Whatever they say you can be sure it is worth double that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif.
Or you can look it up in several gun value guides. The best one is called "Blue Book of Gun Values". Your local book store probably has one that you can look at without having to buy one. Just remember to take all the important information about your gun with you when you go. Make, Model, condition, caliber, etc...
I have a Blue Book here somewhere that is a couple of years old. PM me if you want me to look it up for you.

Reaper

Enlightened
Newest edition of The Blue Book of Gun Values which lists modern and older firearms. We used it quite often on any firearms we put on consignment at our range. Just bear in mind that though it gives values according to the firearms condition and rarity, it also depends on your locale and it's demand. Also remember that some states (like Ca.) have a weird AWB that lists some firearms and/or the capacity of the magazines. BTW, what do you have?

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also go to the various online gun sites like gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com and see what they are going for there for an indication of what they're worth.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
You can also go to the various online gun sites like gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com and see what they are going for there for an indication of what they're worth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good idea.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My Blue Book is too old to list it. Isnt that the same as a Walther P99 except with the S&W name on it?

Reaper

Enlightened
As LifeNRA mentioned, both models are the same pistol except in differences in the grip panels, markings on slide, finger grooves, trigger guard configuration and a few other minor things. The only noticable difference when I sold them was that the Walther model usually had a slightly better trigger pull out of the box. They both had a long trigger pull compared to other D.A./S.A pistols and both also had that little click towards the end of the pull. A plus on the Walther side is that the Walther name might bring a little more if you're planning to sell it. I've been out of the business for a few years now so I'm sure there might be more improvements or differences between the two now (or not).