Can Nitrolon handle a P90?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if I can use a P90 in a G2 with the rechargeables. Of course I'll need to change out the lens for a UCL, but does anyone see a problem here?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same setup (except with a G2Z). There is no hint of the heat being too much for nitrolon. I think it might actually be preferable to aluminum because it allows the lamp to cool more slowly once turned off.

Probably what you need to be more concerned about is how the heat affects the batteries. They are probably the most sensitive part of your setup. Probably running it 30 minutes outside in the cool of the evening is ok on the batteries, but long runs indoors may decrease battery life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Oh my, I keep learning. Rechargeables in an incandescent light? I didnt think that would work. Presumeably this would work in a 6P also. What rechargeables are you using and did you have to do anything else other than put the P90 lamp in? Thanks.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
GadgetTravel,
Nope, nothing more than a P90 and a couple of R123s. You should probably educate yourself a little in the "flashlight electronics, batteries included" forum before purchasing them though; there are some safety precautions for using them. But other than that, it's a fun setup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif