Need a suggestion for a small cute light for wife

RebelRAM

Enlightened
Well slowly I am converting my wife to EDC some things. Friday we stopped by Home Depot to pick up a few things and she decided she needed a multi-tool(what for, I'm still trying to figure that one out) but she had to get a cute one. So she found a pink/purple looking one and said it was girly looking and she wanted it.

So now she has been asking me to find her a small little pink EDC light she can put in her purse. That's the thing, it HAS to be pink or purplish-pink. She wants something about ARC or Solitare or Sonic size. I was going to get her one of the AAA Dorcys but they don't have the right color. This light can be LED or Incan. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Re: Need a suggestion for a small cute light for w

How about a nice Arc, Peak, Dorcy, or whatever and some spray paint? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, you couldn't talk her into a nice stainless (matches everything) or brass Peak Matterhorn? I don't know any pink lights off the top of my head.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

finding a pink/purple light other than plastic is a toughy. If you could find a pink/purple solitaire have it modded with an LED of sorts either a 5mm using resistor and lithium ion battery or a pill LED boost circuit. You could try taking a dorcy AAA and find a budy that knows someone at an auto body shop to paint it and clear coat it. You could have a one of a kind cool light and even perhaps put a name on it.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
RebelRAM-

Tough color choices. The Solitaire, MiniMag AAA and MiniMag AA all come in purple.

Although certainly OK and much better than no light, the Solitaire is somewhat limited.

If you can get her to upsize to a 2 AA check this:

LINK

We are all fussy about our lights in our own way. It's great that your wife will have something with her at all times.

Mark

Kryosphinx

Enlightened

How about a red sonic? You could say it's dark pink.

Here is a light, although it may be a bit large.
purple minimag 2aaa you can use this with some sort of drop in.
you could also get a solitare and mod it. There's a hoard of dropins for a solitare.

watt4

Enlightened

how about a purple solitaire or a blue dorcy aaa........

with a pink lanyard?

rszdorcycmgarcgerberarcmag12uz.jpg

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's pink...and cute... piglight
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(just kidding but I couldn't pass this one up!)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about a red TNc "N" cell with a AAA matching tube? Pricey but most endearing combo!

chrisse242

Enlightened

I got a couple of emilions xnovas for exactly the same reason. Something in between red and pink and nice output for a single aaa. Cheap enough to give it to a non-flashaholic as well... ;-), one of those coin-cell-lights could be found in a girly-color as well.

Chrisse

NightLite

Newly Enlightened

I got the same problem with finding a EDC for my niece few weeks ago, I took the clip off the QIII and suddenly she thinks it was cute! May be you can do the same and spray it pink...?

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

you know I think I saw a sterling siver mini mag on ebay....

doug

AuroraLite

Enlightened
IIRC, Sonic AAA probably has something that is in pinkish-red, and keychain from Inova might have red colored keychain light too. And it is easy to mod it with 26k to make it a pretty useful light(the lifetime of that 26k led might be debatable, but the output is great)

Another cool gadget could be the glow toob(although it is not quite 'flashlight', more like a mini latern).

Of course, the solitaire is always one of my favorites. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
NightLite said:
I got the same problem with finding a EDC for my niece few weeks ago, I took the clip off the QIII and suddenly she thinks it was cute! May be you can do the same and spray it pink...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with NightLite, it's small nuff, it's purty bright, you just need to paint it pink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened

How about a Princeton Tec Blast? I have seen them for less than 6 bucks online. They have pretty nice output for an incan their size.

I wouldn't feel bad about painting the plastic body at all. All you would have to do is remove the bezel, lamp, and o-ring, then paint.

The_virus

Enlightened

I bought my sister a pink Dorcy aluminum (it looks like their Excell line just smaller) 1AAA incandescent light. The colour is right, and you might even be able to modify it to hold an LED instead.

Your best bet is probably to just choose a light and then paint it the right colour...in my experience...the pink lights are either cheap quality (there's a cruddy Garrity LED squeeze light in pink) or hard to find. As easy as it is to find, I can't recommend a stock Mag Solitaire to anyone.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got a peak shasta pocket ultra power snow that I am loving even after just 12 hr's. it's as bright as a new ARC-P, 2in short,and feel's great in the hand! I can't think of a better pocket/purse light. VDG

Latest posts