ARC vs ARC-P head identification possible? (rev 4)

clays

Newly Enlightened
The battery tubes on the new ARC's have ARC-P laser etched on the side if they are an ARC-P, which mine is, but the head of the light doesn't specify anywhere whether it's the premium version or not. Anyone able to satisfy my curiosity as to how one can tell the difference between the Standards and the Premiums, aside from trying them side by side?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi clays, i don't think there is a way of knowing if it is a premium or standard aside from a side by side comparison of the beams. this was the same as the older arc aaa's, all the markings were on the body.

clays

Newly Enlightened
Re: ARC vs ARC-P head identification possible? (re

I'm sure I got the right head on my ARC-P, but I was just surprised to find that the brightness of it is very close to the brightness of a Dorcy 1-AAA but that may be that the LED is the same type of LED in the two lights. I expected a bigger difference is all. I find it plenty bright and a fantastic light. Absolutely love it and feel it is worth the price! Just expected it to be noticeably brighter than a Dorcy 1-AAA, and is IS brighter, but just a little bit, not 80% by any means (assuming here that a Dorcy and ARC standard would be similar brightness). My assumptions are probably false.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: ARC vs ARC-P head identification possible? (re

I think most folks felt the Dorcy AAA was always a bit brighter than the old Arc AAA, and I suppose that would also apply to the new standard Arc. I agree it would be nice for there to be some marking on the Arc's head.

Geoff

Latest posts