• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: 100 dollar LionCubs from Japan version of CPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
Re: WTB: 100 dollar LionCubs from Japan version of

We do have japanese cpfers but it's already passed midnight at their place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe they could organize a GB or something. Are these bare aluminum or do they have HA3?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

According to my contacts in Japan, they are typically going for over $600.

But for a real bargain, Pep Boys sells a $10 circuit board that boosts output in the Thor spotlights.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Bill,

Yep - just contact Arcmania for the part number.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps someone has produced a clone or something. I can understand them selling for up to 600 dollars for the original cpf versions. If someone is selling one for near that low price then someone must have either been in dire need of cash and this rumour was blown out of proportion or someone must have copied the lioncub and is selling those. No telling what is in them as far as led's and programming is concerned if this is the case. Shipping from japan isn't free either and when it's all said and done real lioncubs will be selling for reasonable prices on bst, it's just a matter of time. At least there is more certainty of what went into the real lioncubs.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Pep Boys" and "HUNH" - now I´m at a loss on these words - anybody care to explain ?

I thought I got the joke in regards to the Thor booster but then how this is related to ARCmania again is beyond me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TIA

Klaus

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened

I have no clue of Lion Cubs been sold commercially in Japan.
As far as I know, One stray brass Cub was sold on auction for JPY 28,500 (approx. $300). According to the seller, he was requested by a friend to sell the light in Japan for him.
Regards

Edit:
JPY 28,500 is approx $250, NOT $300 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

marcspar

Enlightened

Klaus,

I am not sure it get it either, but pep boys is a discount auto parts store and I think bill meant he was confused when he said "Hunh?"

Marc

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Correct guys!

I'm trying to find out about this part, but can't find ARCmania!

Bill

Edit: B/S/T forums aren't for general discussion. The thread is closed. - Empath

Status
Not open for further replies.