• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Which is worth more? Brass or CPF Lioncub? WTT

Grumpy

Enlightened
I have a brass lioncub that I am thinking of trading for a CPF edition and would like to know which is worth more. I am having the bezel machined on the Brass to allow better use of the reflector and this may add to the value as their are people that would like to have this mod done. Anyone that would like to trade could send me PM.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grumpy,

worth as in monitary: the CPF edition because of the cost of the light.

worth as in collectibility: the brass as a limited number 80-100 were made and sold.

Doug

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
a point: 100 CPF LE were made of each color.. about the same as the brass...

My personal feeling is that the brass and the anodized models have the same trade value... an even swap would be a fair trade in my book.

-awr

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with awr, These days im more of a face value kind of guy. I dont see the LE being any more or less valuable then the brass,

Shane

rscanady

Enlightened
actually an items worth is only what any one person is willing to pay for it. To me at this time the LC is not worth the $300 or so that they are going for. JMO is all.

Ryan

Grumpy

Enlightened
Bump
Would anyone like to trade CPF edition for my Brass that has had the bezel modification. (Widened to improve beam quality)?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a LE model for sale over on MBF... $245 with the optional reflector included.. i would go ask the seller if he's interested in a trade.

I already have a brass coming else i'd likely be interested since i have two ano models.

-awr

[ QUOTE ]
gorlank said:
What's with all the MBF plugs? Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that's a "plug" as much as a link. Nothing wrong with links, IMHO.

To answer the thread question, I'd say they're pretty equal value-wise. I think it's more of a case of "to each his own." I personally prefer the brass.

Greta

Flashaholic
Look guys... CPF is not in competition with MBF... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif ... and anyone who thinks that MBF is in competition with CPF, well I would suggest you talk to Charlie about that... I'm pretty sure he'd tell you that it's only in your imagination. I have it directly from Charlie that MBF is NOT in competition with CPF.

And even if that WERE the case... who cares?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Guys... the internet is definately big enough for both of us... I mean... seriously... think about that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

AND... if some of you here on CPF are offended by some of the stuff being posted on MBF about CPF, then don't go there!! And definately don't lower yourself to the same level by posting the same stuff here on CPF. MBF bashing on CPF WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!! ... Did everyone get that?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif ... Bannings WILL be the result.

I don't care if people want to post links to something anywhere on the net... Please see CPF's Rules & FAQs #5 for how to properly post the links. And no hotlinking to images... See #3 for CPF's rules on that.

Let's move on guys... geez... this is really getting old and very smelly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well BACK to the subject at hand. I think pound for pound they're equally valued. If anything i might want a CPF edition more since doesnt brass tarnish? or are these coated to prevent that? I know every piece of brass stuff my mother has needs to be polished every so often.

Shane

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pound for pound eh!? Have you compared the brass and CPF LCs that way? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]

I don't care if people want to post links to something anywhere on the net...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember not to link to the UG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering about that one too.
Sasha,
I think you have earned and need a vacation imho.
Even if it is only to the Grand Canyon. (I always have wanted to go there myself). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry for goofing up your thread Grumpy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif

I still have "five-O" up for grabs.
Drop me a pm on what we can work out sir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gorlank said:
What's with all the MBF plugs? Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

a grand total of maybe four.. it's called 'the web'... Al Gore invented it remember. (sorry i just had to say it... not really meant as an insult (well other than to Gore maybe))... why make somebody search around when i can make a link.. i makes just as many back to CPF when i'm posting there.. just like Make links from and to various CPF posts.. not to mention pages all over the web. So.. by far the most logical way to 'show somebody' something is a hyperlink.. no? hence.. hyper link. I guess this example might have been where i could have found the exact page but didn't know it.

PS.. to topic at-hand.. BRASS brass is worth more (just an opinion for a cupola reasons like: dings doesn't chip.. 'differen't'... 'ages' so it might be a nice heirloom.. in any event i'm very glad i have a brass model on the way.

pps: amen sasha.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Value is a matter of personal taste. I like my brass LC & LH and would not trade it for any of the others. What would it sell for? Maybe Ebay could tell you that. I also like the fact NO serial numbers or writing or mine. But its a free choice- to each his own. If you can't make up your mind, just get them all as some have done. A complete set you would think would be worth more to a true blue collector.

loalight

Enlightened
If I were caught by a bad man in a dark alley, I'd want the brass- beats a roll of quarters!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Look guys... CPF is not in competition with MBF... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif ... and anyone who thinks that MBF is in competition with CPF, well I would suggest you talk to Charlie about that... I'm pretty sure he'd tell you that it's only in your imagination. I have it directly from Charlie that MBF is NOT in competition with CPF.

And even if that WERE the case... who cares?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Guys... the internet is definately big enough for both of us... I mean... seriously... think about that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

AND... if some of you here on CPF are offended by some of the stuff being posted on MBF about CPF, then don't go there!! And definately don't lower yourself to the same level by posting the same stuff here on CPF. MBF bashing on CPF WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!! ... Did everyone get that?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif ... Bannings WILL be the result.

I don't care if people want to post links to something anywhere on the net... Please see CPF's Rules & FAQs #5 for how to properly post the links. And no hotlinking to images... See #3 for CPF's rules on that.

Let's move on guys... geez... this is really getting old and very smelly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said fair maiden! To the rescue once again!

Actually although I have not said it in as strong terms as Sasha, I feel it bears repeating over at MBF and will put something out quite soon. Constructive criticism is cool and beneficial - as well as linking back and forth salient information germane to the thread at hand - but potshotting is definitely not.