Wonder Flashlight

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lmakis,
are you a collector? I found one listed at www.ioffer.com.

My father have/had a couple of those, I had no idea that they were so old. I think they are cute, but the performance is really bad.

Sigbjoern

Stream

Enlightened
Ah, those types of lanterns have been around forever, and are very common even today. My mom told me she could remember those types of lights being used at the end of world war two here in Norway. The newer ones (Sonca, Energizer etc.) are more squarish without the roundish corners, but aside from that they really haven't changed that much -- and they usually don't cost more than a couple of dollars.

I think I found something similar to the lantern at Flashlight Museum in a fuse box once, it didn't have a battery in it and it looked like something that had been left there for a long time. I didn't keep it and I didn't really think much of it at the time. It looked old, maybe not the from the 40s or even the same brand but it looked similar except it was blue.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
3R12 is a 4.5 Volt battery still sold in Europe from Duracell, Energizer and Varta. Duracell even brands their own flashlights that uses 3R12 batteries.

"Wonder" is the French manufacturer that, starting in the '70, flooded Europe with those flat flashlights and batteries. I still have some, metallic and plastic.

On a note, those 4.5 Volts alkaline batteries are not manufactured to the state of the art, and are relatively expensive too. Their capacity in mAh is lower than 3AA alkaline batteries in series; so I am using the empty plastic case of a 3R12 battery with a 3AA battery holder inside, with much better results.
You can also stick a protected Li-Ion in a 3R12 case and make a very good rechargeable battery.

Hope this helps

Anthony

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it used by Wonder woman ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stream

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
picard said:
Was it used by Wonder woman ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet!
Along with her wonderbra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif