Any lux low dome fans still around?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of my original KL1's modded with a Lux III but still use the other, mated with an E1 body, quite often. I love the area light it gives and certainly "throws" far enough to be a nice walking light. I am hoping that maybe lights will develope using the newer Nichia LEDs (CS) that will provide a similar type of beam but with greater efficiency or do such lights exist already?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I was very fond of the LD for a long time. That ended, however, when Don came up with his McR-20 in the Aleph2 and now McLuxIII-PD as this reflector can produce a nice concentrated beam for close and medium ranges with the great tint of the LuxIII.
bernie

Crux

Newly Enlightened
Pairing a LD with a 25 degree lens (or 6x25 lens) makes a very effective flood for camping or working (fixing something) at night. It doen't need repositioning like a tight spot does. The holders allow swapping lenses in and out possible.

Crux

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've still got a low dome I scavenged from a ALX-1113 light. It was fairly bright, but rather green. (Q1, maybe?) I put it in a Dorcy 1AA body with the stock convertor, so it's driven fairly lightly. Paired with an NX-05 optic it still makes a half decent light for walking around the house at night. It runs for a good while off a AA, too.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I like my Arc LSL. I also have been playing with a couple of LD in some Infinity mods; they work great!

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
I'm still a fan of LD emitters, especially since I still build lights with optics.

You don't always need an 80+ lumen poke in the eye. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The LD is a LOT more forgiving with optics.

cy

Flashaholic
some of my favorite lights are ARC LS first run with low dome and NX-01