spiting up blood this am! what does that mean?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i went to spit this am and it has a good amount a blood in it i though perhaps gums but it dont look that way any thing i should worry about?i hate going to medical dr

marcspar

Enlightened
is it bright red or dark? do you think it was from your mouth or down from your stomach or lungs?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
bright red whcih i here is good news? i think from stomach it is comeing from.and last 5 months or so i been real tired but this is the first i seen blood . i havnet seen a medical doctor in many many years just my shrink and councler.i just rode bike over to a dr office i saw while i was rideing before i rode by it on bike they made me appt at 845 am whcih is like 10 minutes but i said i have to go home and get cleaned up i now see them at 130pm if i dont chciken out i hate dr.s and hate being in public /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must see the doctor NOW, raggie. DO NOT put it off.

It may very well be something minor, but let your doc decide that. They will take good care of you.

Bob

jtice

Flashaholic
hmmm,
is this only after you brush your teeth?

Or are you hacking something up?

If its from your stomach, it may be your medications, some can be hard on your stomach.
Are you having any stomach ackes?
Are you eating when you take your meds?

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
You must see the doctor NOW, raggie. DO NOT put it off.

It may very well be something minor, but let your doc decide that. They will take good care of you.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bob here raggie, let the doctor decide if it's nothing or if he/she needs to look more into it, spitting up blood is not something to ignore..

Doug

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nope i woke up this am and spit it sink cuas emy mouth tated funny and it was bloody .so then i spit some more and more blood.havnt brushed teeth yet i ran outa my meds so i didnt take em

StanTeate

Enlightened
Forgive me if this seems insensitive but, come on! Spitting up blood in the am is not normal. It's understandable that your can get alarmed and maybe a little confused, but getting your butt down to the doctors office ASAP will get you the answers/treatment you seek, certainly not the members of CPF. GO NOW! And get over your fear of public and doctors, these fears only limit you and what you do in your life.
Rant off.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im going im going lol had to make appt and after i thoght about it it seemed abnrmal 130 ill be at there office hope its is femail dr lol

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
What they said Raggie!

I would be in full scale PANIC mode if I woke up spitting blood! I get a little from my gums at night after brushing my teeth, but this sounds serious man!

Go see that doctor!

nethiker

Enlightened
Glad to here you are going to the doctor raggie. It is most likly nothing to be overly worried about, but definately something that is telling you requires attention right away.

You say you have been tired. You may find that this is related. I don't like going to doctors either, but when they help make you feel better it's worth it. I hope what ever it is, it's an easy fix. I'll keep good thoughts for you.

Greg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty everyone im not to worried lol even if its my time to go im ok with it long as they dont burry me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifdont like being underground.but i have been worried about my lack a energy for a while.the bigest thing is i have no car i dont know where anything is in this city so i look inn telophone book i aint sure if im close by a place. no mater what it is hard to get any where in norht ga with no car specaily cause im at the bottem of a huge huge hill that first part of the walk or bike ride is hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, you really should see a doctor. If it is something, they can take care of it. If it's nothing, then it will set your (and our) minds at ease.

Paul

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
Raggie,

I can understand your concern, but do not let it keep you from seeking medical attention today.

Maybe you bit your tongue or cheek in your sleep.

Do you smoke?

From reading your posts, I know you have had some rough times lately. Maybe stress caused an ulcer. Do you have discomfort after eating a meal?

Call a taxi or ask a neighbor to give you a ride. If not possible, call an ambulance.

Delaying treatment and diagnosis could cause more serious problems than whatever this problem turns out to be.

Go now.

Let us know what happens.

All My Best,
Fin

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o im going i will walk bike is to messed up for the hill it is ok if i go to lake since its more downhill and smotther but to any toher place bike is to messed up im doing laundry now and stuff i sure hope they let me keep my cloths on ill leave for dr in 80 minutes

nethiker

Enlightened
raggie,

I wouldn't walk or ride to the doctor. If you don't have someone to drive you, call the ambulance. Don't know what your local ambulance service is like or what kind of insurance you have, but I volunteer on our local ambulance and we would be more than happy to give you a free ride if you lived out here. Give them a call and ask. My guess is they don't want you walking either.

Greg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol ill walk but ty for the advice id be embasied as hect if the ambulance showed up here .it aint to bad of a walk .

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
Do you happen to take a lot of aspirin? It could be an ulcler,but then again there are many possibilities. <beating the dead horse> see a doctor.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It means only one thing ... go see a doctor ASAP ... there is no other meaning to it. It might be harmless, but there are serious life-threatening illnesses that can look like this.
bernie