SureFire Decal Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kstump98

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking about making up some SureFire vinyl decals with my plotter, approx. 8" in length to fit in an envelope. I would sell them for $6.50 shipped to your door, with a dollar of each sale going to CPF. This is just a feeler to see if there is any interest. Other sizes can be made, but I thought this would be a popular size. Feedback would be appreciated. Other profits would go to put a CPF decal (if allowed by admins) on my race car. Any thoughts???
Since this is something that would benefit the entire community, I posted it here along with the B/S/T area.

Kris
www.KrisStump.com

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have permission from Surefire? If these are officially endorsed, then i'd be interested.

kstump98

Newly Enlightened
As I am only profiting from my trade and materials, and not the actual use of the decal (for example, puting a decal on a store window to draw traffic to draw business to my store (I don't have a store)), it is legal. I am making a decal for a friend/manager that works at Gander Mountain, so I thought since I was taking the time to do it, I would put it on here. After materials and time, there is virtualy no profit, just trying to help CPF.

Thanks,
Kris

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is that If it has the words 'Surefire' on it and there is ANY money involved, you must have their permission. I'm no legal exspert but I would make sure you know what your doing befor printing Decals with anything that says 'surefire' of 'candlepowerforums' on it.

kstump98

Newly Enlightened
It wouldn't have "of candlepowerforums" on it, just the logo with the registered R with it. It is just like the Chevrolet "bowties" in the back windows of pickup trucks. The makers of those are selling the time and materials. If you guys don't feel comfortable with this, I could make something else to profit CPF. I know CPF sells their own decals, so I won't do that. What I wanted to put on my car was just the URL with the site owners permission, if I some type of profit was made. I have an auction on ebay also, and if a CPF'er bids on it, I will donate 10% of the final price along with adding the URL (once again, if permission is given).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5599356283&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Thanks,
Kris
www.KrisStump.com

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closed...Crossposting is a no-no...

I'm also not sure of the legalities of using the logo...

--dan

Status
Not open for further replies.