Video signal from a rifle scope?

marshall

Newly Enlightened
Title says it, I'd like to mate a camera to a rifle scope, where the video signal would either go to a laptop or an lcd headset(rca or s-video output preferred for this case). It is for bench rest shooting. I know they make usb style digital cameras which mount on microscopes to feed live video, would anything like this easily mate to the larger apeture on a rifle scope? Where could I possibly find a mountable video camera like this? Thanks.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
I've made a number of Single Lens Reflex to scope adapters. Most worked very well. The most difficult part was getting a rigid common mount for the pair. You set the camera for focus at infinity and use the scope for fine adjustments, some fiddling may be required but it usually comes in fairly quickly. The last project along these lines was a "Lipstick" camera mounted to a surveyor's transit feeding a VCR for makeing an instructional tape.

Not the quality of a long tele lens but usable..

marshall

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any suggestions on where to start on building such an adapter? Could you send pictures? What type of video camera would provide good resolution through the scope that can transmit via a USB cable?

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Sorry got sidetracked by "Pillar of the Community" duties. Fellow that had the camera/transit lost the camera in a wall (???) some place. I'll see what I have left in my junque box to work with and PM you...

WP