Is Sams Club dumping the Luxeon 1w?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was in the flashlight section at Sams the other day and noticed that the 2-pack of 1w Luxeon flashlights was gone. On my previous visit there were plenty of them there. I saw some other camping m erchandise in it's place. They still had the Thor 1mcp as well as some M*gs and some LED headlamps.

So I scurried over to the closeout counter to see if they were dumping them, but couldn't find 'em there either.

Is it possible that they were selling that poorly? Of course it's also possible that some local flashaholic spotted them and bought them all up...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Sams sometimes buys end of life stock of products or orders a limited run of a product to try it out. They often have products you never see anywhere else and if they are not deemed popular enough when sold out they do not bother to restock/reorder it again. I would wait awhile or ask customer service if they are on order.
It is entirely possible they were selling a dozen of the light sets a day and you didn't notice they only have a few boxes in the display area and they just ran out.

JBL14

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that my local Sam's Club no longer had them the other day as well (northern Utah).