• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired vintage 1912 Eveready Lux III mod.

jashhash

Enlightened
f5_1_b.JPG

I just got this vintage 1912 Eveready flashlight on ebay for a low price of $7. I recieved it in the mail last night and want to say first of all that I am verry happy with the design. This all metal chrome plated flash light is much smaller than I expected (Slightly smaller than a cell phone) and weighs next to nothing. But the realy amazing thing is that even though it was designed to fit 2 AA batteries I have been able to fit in 4 CR123 batteries although with that many leaves little room for a switching mechanism and optic.

I plan on making this thing a 2x cr123 direct drive light with a lux III and optic. This flash light is going to hopefully be a low budget yet still nice looking flashling with an impressive output.
Light + shipping = $10
Luxeon 3 = $14
Optic... = $10 maybe?
So in all a prety cool looking light for about $34

On a side note:
If anyone here is like me in that it's sometimes difficult to decide on a metal to work with I found an awesome website . This website lists out all the chemical properties of elements including thier thermal conductivity and melting points and even compares the properties of metals using bar graphs (which I find helpfull).