Inova Xo3...Didn't like it..

Toecutter

Newly Enlightened
Inova Xo3...Didn\'t like it..

Figured I'd try an Inova Xo3...Got it from Sharper Image so I could return it without mailing it..

Not pleased with it at all. NO WAY it's 82 Lumens. MAYBE half that..Very purple tint.

Ringy beam is useless indoors.

It does have pretty good throw outside, but in ambient light it is so very weak..

Going back today..

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova Xo3...Didn\'t like it..

The first Inova T3 (very similar to X03) that I got had a bluish beam tint. And yes, the advertised 82 lumens is a gross exaggeration; the reality is closer to 40. This kind of exaggeration is typical of most manufacturers, so advertised lumens should not be a factor in choosing between flashlights.

I eventually sold my T3 because I found that I wasn't using it. I much prefer the kind of beam that you get from a good reflector, as in the Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

That is a shame Toecutter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. just kidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have used my Inova XO3 for pretty much everything. I would agree that it is probably not 82 lumens but I'm not sure I would put it closer to 40 lumens. In any case, what can ya do?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I really want to try a surefire and see what all the buzz is about cause everybody say's they are the best! My XO3 has a little more of a blue tint than purple.

Danintex

Enlightened

You don't have a SUREFIRE??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif The first one is never the last!