Flashlight in the movie "Jason X"?

Robban

Enlightened
Flashlight in the movie \"Jason X\"?

Last night I re-watched the cinematic masterpiece that is "Jason X" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Last time I watched it I wasn't quite as interested in flashlights as I am now and didn't think much about the lights they used, this time I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw this weird contraption. Surely it can't be a production light? Anyone have any input on it?

Sadly these where the clearest frames I could get.
jasonx_flashlight01.jpg

jasonx_flashlight02.jpg

Another thing. When writing this post I started thinking, would there be any interest in a webpage with a database over flashlights used in movies/TV-shows? I could code it up and all that but would need help with ID's on lights and such. Perhaps make it a wiki type ting where people can add information to it? Or maybe such a page already exist? Thoughts?

scrappy

Enlightened
Re: Flashlight in the movie \"Jason X\"?

Cinematic masterpiece??? I hear your sarcasm, I hope!

Rich

PS
When you start your list don't forget the surefire M6s and 4s in a true masterpiece of american cinema -- GHOST SHIP.

Robban

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
scrappy said:
Cinematic masterpiece??? I hear your sarcasm, I hope!

Rich

PS
When you start your list don't forget the surefire M6s and 4s in a true masterpiece of american cinema -- GHOST SHIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what the " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif " was for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just love cheezy slasher movies they make me laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robban

Enlightened

80 views and 1 reply? Thought I would see SOME kind of guess atleast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's 3 star-o luxeons (the ones with the optics attached to the board). No housing or anything just the boards connected to something.

The first shot even looks like you can see the tab cutout that holds the optics in the black plastic ring.

Might be different optics in them as the beam is pretty skinny, but that is sure what it looks like.

Robban

Enlightened

I thought it was luxeons aswell. What confused me was that it seemed to have a "cool down period" when they turned them off. An LED flashlight, in my experience, just goes dark immediately. These took a couple of frames to go dark. I don't know if that could be because of circuitry or just something with the camera used though.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it really could be anything. "Movie Magic" could have altered the body and/or beam.

My only questions is: Where can I get one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlover

Newly Enlightened

Anyone knows what kind/brand of flashlight use in "The pacifier" ? I was curious to know. It is very similar to longbow mini.

Robban

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
nemul said:
hijacked! lol

[/ QUOTE ]
It somehow proves that my idea there at the end might be worth my time though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mst3k

Enlightened

Wow, I feel like such a Maroon! When I first looked at the original picture, I just sort of glanced at it. Then I looked againa and thought,"Dang that dude has 3 arms!" Then I realized it was two seperate pix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol! it does look like one pic!