Hot enough for ya?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 10:23 pm CST it's 85°, dew point 77° and humidity 77%.

In Stuttgart, AR the heat index at this same time is 101°. Lots of bayous, ducks, frogs and clouds of skeeters chattering landing instructions over there.

It got up to 106° in the little hamlet of Oden today. That's in the Oauchita Mountains. Luckily they have some nice lakes and streams to take a dip in.

Tomorrow in the center of the state by the river we are scheduled for 100° and 78% humidity.

Hot enough for you?

I wonder how Sigman is doing.

------------------

- Jeff

Topper

Flashaholic*
It is flat out hot in Jonesboro no joke, been awhile since I was in Stuttgart maybe 15 years seems like it was hot then but not as hot as it is now.
Topper

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
There are sure to be many records for heat broken this summer all over the country.

I can't stand to go out and start trimming the grass until at least 7PM right now. That means I finish mowing with my headlights on about 8:45.

Another 45 days and the temps will start to come down a little.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nations icebox this time of year tends to be Fraser or Winter Park CO, 42F last night. If you don't count Alaska.
It looks like it was 35F last night in Prudhoe Bay, but most of Alaska was actually warmer than Fraser CO last night. Fairbanks was 51 last night.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mid to upper 90s with dew points in the mid 70s. We had two or three days this week that the dew point was 77 and 78. I didn't know that they got that high here, 70-74 is unbearable to me.

Monday and Tuesday are expected to hit 100 with heat index at 110-115. And I work outside in this stuff. Fortunately, not for long periods and I get to ride in an A/C car from job to job.

Didn't used to bother me, but now I'm getting old enough that it's more than just uncomfortable. Some days I just don't go out and work.

Greta

Flashaholic
PFFF!! It was 126 here the other day... with humidity up in the 40% range. Downright foul is what that is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I stopped taking pictures of my poor outside thermometer... it only goes up to 120 and the needle gets pinned beyond that and can't go any further. This one was taken on June 21st at 6:30 PM...

Picture.jpg

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
We be chillin'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's been an absolutely BEAUTIFUL summer here! I've lived in Ohio, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, Arizona and ALASKA - needless to say - Alaska is home to my family for a REASON!!

You folks in the HEAT - stay hydrated and safe!

At least you have "4" seasons! Our "Spring & Fall" seem to be measured in almost hours!

Summer goes by waaaaaaay too fast (mega hours of daylight = always somewhere to go or something to do).

Winters seem to last forever (mega hours of "Flashaholic" darkness! I'm not a "Winter" type of guy - BUMMER! Maybe I'll change that this year!)

BTW - it's 5:41 am and 57 degrees on my front deck. Good t-shirt weather! Yes it's a "dry" environment in Anchorage! You know how humidity intensifies the temps. They say the humidity is currently at 77% but I can't tell there's that much moisture in the air. Supposed to rain though...

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Good grief,126!Here in central Ohio it's been in the low to mid 90's and I thought that was bad.Our humidity is a lot higher than yours though.Must feel like standing in front of a foundry smelter where you are.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love New England. Was on vacation in Vermont for a whole week, last week. Generally in the low 80s each day with varying levels of humidity but nothing bad enough to stop doing outdoor activities. Here in S. New England it's been more stickier (around 90, quite a bit of humidity most days last week) but nothing compared to you guys. I've been to AZ before would not live there. To me having it so hot that you pretty much are daytime housebound is just if not worse, then being very cold in the winter.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
We be chillin'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's been an absolutely BEAUTIFUL summer here!
BTW - it's 5:41 am and 57 degrees on my front deck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Rick, someday I'd like to have some of your (and Wits'Ends') observations about what it's like to live in a genuinely COLD climate. Wits' End lives up in the Northeast corner of Minnesota.
In the winter, what do you do about:
Tires sticking -freezing- to a driveway, .....frozen locks etc.
-Just some cool thoughts for those of us that are cooking down here right now. (88°) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Here in Socal, the weather is just like where Sasha lives, but 15-20° cooler.
On average it's pretty mild compared to what other people have to live with.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
PFFF!! It was 126 here the other day... with humidity up in the 40% range. Downright foul is what that is... :shakehead

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for sharing that Sasha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Now everytime I complain about the 80s or 90s with 70% or higher humidity that we're getting over here in NYC I'll think of what you have over there. Does air conditioning even work that well at those kinds of temps?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
We had a powerful front press in here yesterday. I didn't see the actual high but I am sure it was between 104-107 with heat index of 110-115 degrees. Luckily the front made it through and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in less than 1/2 hour, a set of thunderstorms bashed through and knocked the power out (third time this year) for about 6 hours (while I was trying to catch up on CPF of course)...
I think I need a bigger UPS.

*Retired*
Darn, seems like everyone is getting nice weather. Decent weather finally arrived here, being one of the coolest rain soaked springs in recent recollection. I do remember worse several decades ago.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
There are really only two seasons in this part of Texas - summer and winter... or rather, "not-summer." It's not consistently cold enough during the traditional winter months to feel right calling it "winter" proper.

During what the rest of you consider the "fall," it's not uncommon for trees to have two, sometimes three "false warnings" where they shed then regrow leaves before the finally fall off - sometimes in mid-January.

It's been fairly hot this year, but nothing I'm not used to. The bunker I work in is air-conditioned to the point that one could almost hang meat.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in central Illinois our dewpoint has been over 80 deg F. Ugh. Our high temperature was lower than predicted (93 rather than 100), but I think that the humidity ended up being higher than expected. Our heat index still ended up in the predicted range of 110-115. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif