One wounded, one dead ---help me with these lights

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
Butterfingers here. I dropped these two flashlights. The Brinkmann stopped working then. I presume i can replace a bulb and it should go. What do I get and from where? the Surefire rechargeable only lights up the smaller (lower) bulb and the upper one no longer works. I imagine Surefire will fix it but a) can I just buy a bulb and replace it myself and if not b) do you know if I have to send the entire thing in?

TIA

2.JPG

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Re: One wounded, one dead ---help me with these li

Fracmeister,

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive, or perhaps you need to look at the wording used for your thread? Given the number of people both here and perhaps more importantly in your own country who have given their lives in defense of freedom the wording (at least to my mind) seems terribly inappropriate?

I except you are a newbie but one of the benefits of CPF is the adult and commonsense way we try to share and enjoy our hobby.

I extend a warm welcome but hope you use less emotive language in the future?

Doug

Size15's

Flashaholic

It's worth call SureFire about your 10X - they may be able to help. You can buy lamps over the phone from them I believe.

Al

Longbow

Enlightened

The thread title wording is indeed appropriate, also witty.

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dougmccoy said:
Fracmeister,

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive, or perhaps you need to look at the wording used for your thread? Given the number of people both here and perhaps more importantly in your own country who have given their lives in defense of freedom the wording (at least to my mind) seems terribly inappropriate?

I except you are a newbie but one of the benefits of CPF is the adult and commonsense way we try to share and enjoy our hobby.

I extend a warm welcome but hope you use less emotive language in the future?

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first I appreciate the advice. It is why I posted. I won't argue cleverness on a Subject line. At least you are willing to allow for the possibility that you were oversensitive. A flashlight being "dead" isn't an adjective use that I invented however. And in a flashlight forum it would (I think) be relatively easy to spot. If you knew anything about me you would realize that I did not intend offense. The fact that

"help me with these lights" is part of the tag line should have provided you (in your adult and commonsensical way) an insight as to the content.

On the other hand, if I had used a line like that in a forum discussing military or security matters (as opposed to General Flashlight Discussion!) and meant for it to be about flashlights I imagine your sensitivity would be right on.

Doug -- By the way, I believe you meant "I expect...." or even "I accept" rather than "I except..."

And yes I have been a lurker. But "newbie" probably isn't the right term either.

Thanks again for the help to all.

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Fracmeister,

Perhaps my oversensitivity is due to recent events in my country and to those who have died in Iraq from the UK.

I dont know you, and so have no prior knowledge of your dislike of causing offence.

In the circumstances perhaps my reaction was OTT? However, I do apologise for calling you a newbie.

I do hope you enjoy CPF it is a really great forum.

Doug

Size15's

Flashaholic

Okay, lets leave that as it is.

Thanks - enjoy the CPF!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
Re: Healing and resurrection

Thanks for the help. But one has to be amazed at how much better the Surefire customer service is than Brinkmann's. Maybe you have had a different experience, but mine was night and day.

Sorry for the duplication

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the help. But one has to be amazed at how much better the Surefire customer service is than Brinkmann's. Maybe you have had a different experience, but mine was niight and day.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif