Help!!

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I have to completly wipe my hard drive and start from scratch, and I need to store a 1 gig file.

I'm looking for someone with that kind of file space on your server or ftp space that can temporarily store this file for me. The file is a movie so I can't chop up the files and burn them onto cds, and I don't have a DVD burner.

If anyone can help it would be a lifesaver!

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I'm not sure if this will work, but I am pretty sure if you set up a free gmail acount, you can email the file to yourself since gmail had over a gig of space for you to use, and i think it has no upload limit!
This is what I would try, but I hope you have high speed internet because it will take a long time to upload a gig of info with a 56k modem
good luck, and any one else chime in if you think this will work.
Brandon

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Hmm...I've been wondering what gmail was....cool. And yes, I have DSL so it won't take quite as long....

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, also try googling for gmail drive. It's an applet that'll turn a gmail account into a virtual hard drive.
I thought it'd be something that takes forever to load and too slow to be usefull but in fact, it's pretty darn neat...
Good luck with your computer backup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LaserFreak

Enlightened
looks like i'll need an invite...posted in appropriate thread...but it seems that if someone had an ftp site I could access, it would be quicker and easier...

turbodog

Flashaholic
do this

resize your partition

make a 1 gig drive with the extra space you now have

now file to that drive

format primary partition

load o/s

copy file back

resize partition again

LaserFreak

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:
do this

resize your partition

make a 1 gig drive with the extra space you now have

now file to that drive

format primary partition

load o/s

copy file back

resize partition again

[/ QUOTE ]

A full year of computer repair training and this is the first thing I should have thought of...grrrr (duh)

Thanks for your reply...this is by far the easiest and fastest way to solve my problem!!