Inova X1 is laundry proof!

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
My friend accidentally put his Inova X1 through the washing machine and the dryer, it was still in the pocket of his cargo pants. It came out of the dryer a little on the warm side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but worked just fine!

I guess they are waterproof afterall...

matthewdanger

Enlightened
It's good to know that the little Inova can take a licking. How did the anodizing look after all of that?

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Anodizing was just fine. Other than being a little hot when it first came out, nothing happened to it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
matthewdanger said:
Nice. I really like my X1, I just wish I knew what to use it for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like if you ever get trapped in a washer or dryer it would be good to use there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
Sound like if you ever get trapped in a washer or dryer it would be good to use there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Yeah, next time I crawl into my dryer looking for the magical portal that my missing socks drop into, I'll be sure to have my X1 on my belt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bradlee

Enlightened
I remember Inova reporting somewhere (unofficially) that people were using x-series lights for diving lights succesfully, despite the mere "water resistant" allocation.

Having dissasembled one myself, I do believe they are quite water-tight.

-Brad

matthewdanger

Enlightened
My X1 has significant "wobble" in the tail cap. I am not certain I would trust it to stay watertight even in a puddle unless it was cranked all of the way to the on/fully tightened postion.

However, I know that my X5 and T2 stay water-tight to at least a few feet.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't recommend putting CR123s in the dryer though, the heat maybe too much for those cells!

I'm impressed with Inova, the X5T I have seems bomb proof. I thought they were waterproof to 150 feet or so?

Latest posts