L4 output vs L2 output

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the differance very noticeable? Does anyone have beamshots comparing the two?

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The difference I see between my L2 and the various L4's I have it that the L2's beam is slightly bigger.

I'm not sure I could always tell them apart in every situation though.

Al

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the throw comparison to the l2 on high? Can i please get some beamshots? Any tint problems?

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
please beamshots? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

-David

Lexus

Enlightened
AFAIK the L2 is driven a bit harder, so output is probably a bit higher. However both lights are subject to the luxeon lottery regarding output and tint.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam shot of the two lights are essentially the same. I think the emitter variation between the two light would make more of a difference.

Here are two shot that are both underexposed. See...the two lights are the same.

l2l419hu.jpg

l2l425ow.jpg

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

The two L4's I've compared my L2 against have both been a bit dimmer, although not appreciably so... just enough so you notice the difference. However, the two L4's I've compared to my L2 also had noticable amounts of greenish blue tint to the beam, whereas my L2 is completely pure white with no tint whatsoever. Probably won the lottery on that one, but after using my L2 with it's pure white beam I wouldn't settle for a beam with coloration anything like the two L4's I looked at.

Best wishes,
Bawko

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trueblue, the pics arent showing up on my screen.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still cant see em. And LEDMUSEUM,does that l4 have a circle in the middle? Does it throw as far as a Longbow micra?

-David

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some L4's have slight dark circles in the middle and some do not. I would doubt that the L2 or the L4 would throw as far a a longbow, because they are LuxV flood lights. They will however put out much more overall light.

I know this is sort of off topic, but since you really like thorw and you really like LED's why dont you get a Lux3 modded mag? Thats about as much throw as you can get from an LED.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Lion Cub with Lion Head attached throws nigh as well as my Mag 3C with TXOK emitter and UCL. And it's small, with option of the normal head, making it smaller still, still with some great throw!

I would love an L2 though for the flood. I do like flood as well.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lion-cub.... way over $125. Mag 3c is kinda huge. I want a high output light too.

-David

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
Lion-cub.... way over $125. Mag 3c is kinda huge. I want a high output light too.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

If Theres a light the size of the SF L4 that throws like a LuxIII mag and puts out around 100 lumens, for less then 125 dollars, and has even ok battery life, I'm in for 5 right now. Paypal at ready.

David correct me if I'm wrong but you have a pelican M6 LED correct? Thats about the best your going to do for small throwers in a sub 100 dollar price ranger. My Mcgizmo PR-T head throws further then any P M6s I've seen, but only because it contains a hand picked T bin thats extrodinaly white.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, I dont want to go under $100, I'll go $100-$125. I just dont like the size and the mag body. I either want a VERY far throwing light under 5.5inchesor a high output light under 5.5 inches. They have to have clips. It looks like the l4 is the smallest floodlight on the market for its price, correct me if I'm wrong. As for throw, the new kl3 on C2 is the only REALLY far throwing light with a clip, but it is bigger than 5.5 inches. I need a floodlight too, so I think I'll settle with a l4, unless there is something else.

-David

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you already have a SF e-series body, right? then you could try an aleph 2 head (or pr/prt head if you can find them) with a DB917 light engine and mcR27 reflector.
IIRC, these things throw almost as far as a lux3'd mag.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I', looking for mass distributed lights, no homemade lights. I prefer surefires.

-David