Dorcy 1Watt Luxeon 3D at Target..more

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Got a Dorcy 1Watt 3D at Target for $29.99
Is very bright and I let it run for about an hour. Great output. Is not that heavy to me. A bit long but that is ok. Way brighter than the competitors with regular bulbs. Really like it. For $29.99 is as cheap as you can get. Great light guys, buy one.

Chris

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you like that you should check out the new Dorcy "Metal Gear" at Wally World!

WDR65

Enlightened
Unless there is another one that I haven't seen yet the Dorcey Metal Gear that nemul refers to is a 3AAA light. Its a bit larger then my Strion in the body, almost as large around as my Twin Task 3C and it has a reverse clickie tailcap. It uses a battery carrier and is a 1w led. As far as I know it doesn't have any regulation. I picked mine up for around $18. Seems to be a well made light and is fairly bright for that price, it also has fairly good throw although I don't have any luxeons to compare it to.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy Metal Gear

dsc008226ym.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
The one I saw (and bought) was like a bronze color, with a rubber sleeve and rubber anti-roll device on the head. IMHO, it's a good around-the-house light, but the walls feel thinner than a Mag-Lite and would probably dent easily.

Mike

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The quality is lower than Mag as far as the body is concerned. The treads are not as smooth. The finish is not as good. It does have a smooth reflector, but unfortunately that is the standard. However for me it does not matter. I like it and I hope I find a 2D model also.
Hopefully they will have a 3W model with 2D, that would be my favorite for brightness and run time.

Chris

flashlightdave

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up the 3D Dorcy 1 Watt at Target a couple of hours ago. Awesome throw, a tad bit on the heavy side. The tail cap reminds me of some Nuwai lights I've seen in other pics. When I opened the head the LED was quite accessible, would it be possible to just drop in a 3W? (In theory?)

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one up from Target on Friday (A Dorcy "Super 1W" 3D cell light). I wish I could have found one at Wal-Mart for $22.72! But it's still a great light for $30. Very bright, good color luxeon in mine. A lot of throw. I like it!

I put a few pictures of it here: Dorcy Super 1 Watt

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the Dorcy 1 Watt 3 D on sale at Target for $21.99.

dsc011176bh.jpg

dsc011238wj.jpg

dsc011220ud.jpg

Taken at 5"

dsc011252sb.jpg

Taken at 75"

dsc011268ci.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got a Dorcy with an excellent tint, white.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can lift up the star without breaking anything, what bin code is under it?
When you put the star back down, put in a little computer thermal grease under there before you do to make life easier for that star. :)

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
I had a metal gear and sold it to to buy the 3d dorcy. I think the throw is better on the 3d and 300 hours run time(give or take) and walmart has the light for 22.99. Very happy with this light .

The_virus

Enlightened
I've heard from a few users that these Dorcy 1W D's have R bin luxeons in them typically. Not bad for under $25.

Has anyone spotted these in Canada yet? I don't have Target in my area, but various stores carry Dorcy lights, just not all models.

Far_Field

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up one of the Super 1W 3D's (the one with the rubber hex ring on the head) at Target. On sale for $19.79 (10% off $21.99). Has a RX1H and it is bright and white (much brighter hotspot and same color as my excellent PP 4AA Lux). Awesome deal.