New to the forum, bought a SF A2

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Cool, a flashlight forum!!! I spend alot of my time on the web page RadioReference.com forums on scanning. I did a lil research on here, I went with the surefire A2 w/ blue leds. Its a nice light, I also have some INOVA X5's, and a tac torch. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and Introduce myself.

Probably should have put this in the tavern.

BTW: I want to get my hands on a surefire Beast!!!

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Well you are on your way. The A2 and X5 are fine lights. Some would even say that the A2 is close to their ideal EDC light.

Welcome!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings PSM, and welcome to the CPF.

The A2 is one of those great lights that keeps just out of reach for me. Another CPF member let me use his and if I didn't already have an expensive light (or three) I would have gotten one. The A2 is still on my wish list;I don't think there's anything else with its combined attributes.

I saw a SF Dominator in action - wowzers - that one might be more practical than the Beast and they're under $300 somewhere on Ebay, IIRC.

Keep us posted and have fun.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi PoliceScannerMan,

Welcome to the CPF!

I am glad that you like your light. It is indeed a great quality choice.

All My Best,
John

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened
Welcome.. The A2 is one of the most practical flashlight designs that is available. Great choices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Good grief, what a great welcome.

Thanks Matt, Jay, Six, Ophiuchus, and Hoghead. So tell me, do you all collect flashlights just to have them (like a hobby) or do you actually use them depending on the situation.

Because I have a lot of police scanners, use only a few regularly. But when it hits the fan, I'll have four or five going to cover all agencies involved.

Me? Sometimes I just feel like buying a flashlight!!!

Thanks for the great welcome,
PSM

Sixpointone

Enlightened
PSM,

Great question.

I am into my Flashlights, so in a sense I collect them. But having said that, for my to buy them they must fit into my basics needs.

My lights are as follows...
1) SureFire L4 with McGizmo 2 Stage Tailcap and Rechargable Pila Batteries.

2) SureFire E2e

3) Princeton Tec EOS Headlamp

4) Mag Charger

5) 3D MagLite

6) 2D MagLite

and

7) Four or so AA MagLites.

So, whereas I am proud of them and keep them in solid condition, I guess I buy them more for usage than display.

I hope that answers your question.

All My Best,
John

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I use all of mine. Sometimes I take something application specific like a Tektite Expedition Star for caving and sometimes I just pick something based on my mood. I seem to collect lights, but they are all users.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
PoliceScannerMan said:
Sometimes I just feel like buying a flashlight!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to fit right in here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

weaponlight

Newly Enlightened
PSM,

Welcome to CPF!

I am relatively new here as well and really like the discussions and sharing of flashlight/gadget knowledge. A better group of people you will not find.

The A2 is a great light, I use mine alot when non tactical and my wife loves hers too.

Careful! You will look down and your lights will have strangely multiplied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and your wallet will be empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
weaponlight said:
Careful! You will look down and your lights will have strangely multiplied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and your wallet will be empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man,, I havent had my A2 but for 24 hours, already want another SF. Whats a light that is just as good as SF??

Newbie question Whats EDC stand For??

Thanks,
PSM

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats a light that is just as good as SF??

This is a hard question, as surefires are considered very high (if not the highest) quality production lights. That means you need to get into customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. The ArcAAA rev 4 is very good quality but is a keychain light. TnC, McGizmo, and Mr. Bulk are the people the look to to get into custom runs of lights.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats a light that is just as good as SF??

This is a hard question, as surefires are considered very high (if not the highest) quality production lights. That means you need to get into customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. The ArcAAA rev 4 is very good quality but is a keychain light. TnC, McGizmo, and Mr. Bulk are the people the look to to get into custom runs of lights.

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
Aloha! Welcome PoliceScannerMan!
You will find everyone here on CPF to be a weath of information in many different subjects with flashlights as the common thread connecting. I applaud your choice of the A2 and X5, I am saving up my coins to buy one too(A2).
Again, WELCOME!
Best Regards,
Jay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi PoliceScannerMan!

My VERY FIRST REAL light was the A2 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's a GREAT light - easy to use, the switching mechanism is so perfectly beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And the way the batteries slide down the tube is absolutely delectable.

The throw is great and the leds work like a treat for closeup work.

Well for me the next step was the Nuwai q3, then a e2e mod I'm selling now, the HDS EDC and a mag85 which is lost somewhere in the postal system. (mag85= mag body with super bright bulb+a few other parts)

Great work! Stick around for the fun!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Man you guys are awesome!!

I'm loving my A2, my girlfriend used it to chase down a roach early this morning!!!

I never new such a little light could throw so much beam.