Why ?

spud

Newly Enlightened
Why is an E2 so much better than a 6P
for instance. Apart from size ??
wink.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
It's not. Size matters for EDC. If you take away the size factor, the 6P is actually better because all of the options available for it...turbohead, 6R conversion, P61 bulb, Shock isolated Bezel, lockout tailcap, weapons mount capability, etc.

The E2 has the advantage of size. Can anyone come up with something the E2 can do that the 6P can't (other than size)?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
Well, doesn't it last a little longer?
The bulbs are cheaper, it has a clip.

Btw, I don't have either.
frown.gif

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true but not better or worse. The 6P has 65 lumens vs E2's 60 lumens. That's where the extra runtime comes from. I'm sure if the 6P put out 60 lumens the runtime would be the same as the E2.

The 6P Defender has the clip. Also available is a Lanyard system for the 6P to go along with the clip.

Bulbs are cheaper for the E2 so theres one thing better
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Some say the E2 looks better.

The D2 has a PocketClip.

Since I got an E2, I've used P61s in the M2 and C2. The G2 still has a P60.

Yes, the 6P has more options. I would get a D2 over a 6P because of the PocketClip.

My E2 has a PocketClip with Lanyard attach point that works great.

The E2e with prospect of miniTurboHead and hopefully a high output lamp would mean that I would prefer my standard size 2 cell SureFire to have more features such as shock isolation, CombatGrip and a higher level of water-resistance.

The E2, like the M2 are special cases. The G2 (when it has LockOut TailCap and hopefully waterproof) will be my 'inbetween' choice.

Al

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Hi Size 15,

I can't wait for the high output light for the E2!!! Comon January, comon January....

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have no idea if a high output lamp for the E2 will ever be made. I hope it will.

I also can't wait until next year!

What with LotR:FotR before Christmas and SHOT'02 in Feb'02... Christmas will rather less important to me!

Al
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my D2 from AGR today. I went with the D2 instead of the 6P because Gary has it for about the same price. Along with the D2, I bought the adapter to make it a D3 + the P90 & P91 bulbs. I also got the isolated bezel option (Be advised, if you get this, your beam shaper & filters won't fit. Any one want to by a beam shaper?) The reason I went with the D2/6P light is versatility. I have one light that will convert to 2 (D2/D3) with 4 light options (P60, P61, P90, & P91) and a shock absorbing head.
With that said, for EDC, my E2 wins hands down. Not even a close call. If I could only have one light, it would be the E2. You'ld have to carry it for a day understand.
TX

brightnorm

Flashaholic
txwest,

I do understand your point, having EDC'd many 2x123A lighs, including the 6P, E2 and the Asp Taclite (my personal favorite because of it's unique internal "set it and forget it" focusing mechanism and its ability to throw a spot beam further than any of the 2 cell Surefires, regardless of lamp.

I belt carry my lights except for big ones like the US or M6; and I've found that the appropriate holster, properly placed makes all the difference. Whether it's an E2 at 3oz., a 6P at 5.1 oz or a Taclite at 5.4 oz,
(all with batteries), I'm almost never aware of their wreight.

That said, It's still true that the E2 is a little gem and is a good general illumination tool, but I stopped carrying mine in favor of the Taclite/Inova X5 combination

Regards
Brightnorm

SurefireM6

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
I just received my D2 from AGR today. I went with the D2 instead of the 6P because Gary has it for about the same price. Along with the D2, I bought the adapter to make it a D3 + the P90 & P91 bulbs. I also got the isolated bezel option (Be advised, if you get this, your beam shaper & filters won't fit. Any one want to by a beam shaper?) The reason I went with the D2/6P light is versatility. I have one light that will convert to 2 (D2/D3) with 4 light options (P60, P61, P90, & P91) and a shock absorbing head.
With that said, for EDC, my E2 wins hands down. Not even a close call. If I could only have one light, it would be the E2. You'ld have to carry it for a day understand.
TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the Shock Isolated Bezel you have to get the M2 Beamshaper.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flexmodem:
With the Shock Isolated Bezel you have to get the M2 Beamshaper.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wish I had known that before I bought this one. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If you got the Z32 shock isolated bezel then the M2 filters will be too big. I have both the M2 bezel and Z32 bezel. You need the SF taclight tip off filters (F11 Red, F12 Infrared, F13 Cover, F19 Blue).

BTW for those of us with the Old SF 8X, the 8AX/M2 filters are too big for the 8X. You will need to use the F11/12/13/19 respectively.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emeraldwolf:
If you got the Z32 shock isolated bezel then the M2 filters will be too big. I have both the M2 bezel and Z32 bezel. You need the SF taclight tip off filters (F11 Red, F12 Infrared, F13 Cover, F19 Blue).

BTW for those of us with the Old SF 8X, the 8AX/M2 filters are too big for the 8X. You will need to use the F11/12/13/19 respectively.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected. Thank you for that. Brain freeze from Icee.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Emeraldwolf:
[QB]If you got the Z32 shock isolated bezel then the M2 filters will be too big. I have both the M2 bezel and Z32 bezel. You need the SF taclight tip off filters (F11 Red, F12 Infrared, F13 Cover, F19 Blue).
This is strange. SF Help told me I would need the beamshaper that fits the M2 for the Z32 bezel. Did they goof? TX

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Yup, I just tried on mine. My M2 beamshaper is too big for the shock isolated bezel on the 6P.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This is strange. SF Help told me I would need the beamshaper that fits the M2 for the Z32 bezel. Did they goof? TX[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup they goofed, I got both of them and I wondered about that myself, they are without a doubt not the same size.

spud

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your feedback on this post,
it seems that the benefits of the 6p outweigh those of the E2 ( apart from looks and beam quality ), the clip does'nt really count for much as I had one snap off on a C2 , whilst putting it on my belt, since then I haven't trusted them.

I think I'll stick with what I know....

spud

Newly Enlightened
Anyone out there know where I can find an A1/186 bulb for an old Braun projector from ?

Cheers.

Latest posts