UK Q40 eLED module in a UK 2L ? Experiences?

DDS

Enlightened
Can someone who has tried this tell me how the beam looks? My standard 2L has a disappointing beam with many artifacts. Any feedback would be appreciated :)! Dave

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen a eLED in the Q40? It will look exactly the same. The beam of the eLED is quite a bit different, but I'm not sure I'd say it is great.

The throw will be farther with the standard lamp and it will be brighter. The eLED has a fairly sharp point where it gets pretty good throw and then tapers off fairly quickly and somewhat splotchy. It is also fairly white.

I think both are OK, but for different reasons. The 2L is a pretty cool light all things considered. It is bombproof, very small and light, and the lamp is a good tradeoff of runtime vs brightness. The only real downside is the beam quality isn't as good as it could be. The eLED has great runtime, but isn't so bright and the beam isn't perfect.

-john

paulr

Flashaholic
Yes, it's been done, it's a nice combo, nowhere near as bright as the xenon lamps but the runtime is excellent, around 8 hours.

DDS

Enlightened
John N and paulr : thanks for the reply. I thought no one would ever respond! I don't have an eLED but I saw that it had 5 stars in a review I read. Since I was never happy with the beam quality of my 2L (glove box light) I thought I'd get the 4AA eLED and try it in my 2L for its compact size. I have tried different bulb replacements in my 2L to no avail. Thanks guys for the feedback :) Dave