Stock 25mW from AtlasNova/Abeland1?

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
Lets say, just for giggles Arnold was to send me an Un-Modded 25mW leadlight. Would this laser be able to be pot modded for greater output? The laser must have great "insides" for it to of come from the factory with an output of 25mW? Possibly 35-40 mW from a Pot Mod? If not can you explain?

Thanks
-Casey

Raccoon

Enlightened
1. Leadlight modifies the potential meter to <5mW when it leaves their factory.
2. Leadlight will not sell Arnold or anyone handheld lasers capable of a simple pot mod, anymore. No more cherry picking.

badhorsey

Newly Enlightened
How do they prevent this now - is it the glue on the pot, or the inclusion of the Lucky Duck APC circuitry?

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
Actually this is a leadlight 105 withOUT the "green on indicator" manufactured Apr 2004 so I believe those can still be modded? I could be wrong. But it already being 25mW is the reason im askin. Also I can barley see the beam in a completely dark room. Does that sound like 25mW to yall? Either way I still love you Arnold best service iv ever dealt with on the web. Insanely fast shipping, ordered it 7-25 got it 7-27 . He is a super nice person and has almost instant email communication.

Thanks for yalls help
-Casey

Raccoon

Enlightened
If you don't see the beam, even slightly, then the room must be completely dry and dust free. Or you're blind already! (One of us)

Even my 20mW module was visible in a dimly lit room, let alone pitch black.

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
I can see the beam in a dimly lit room if i stand behind it and it up to my face, but just a little bit..on your 20mW can you see it standing to the side of it? If so really well kinda or barley?

Raccoon

Enlightened
eh. Your atmospheric conditions really do matter. Just as a laser is highly visible in fog from any angle, it is also pretty darn visible in high levels of humidity. In a dry climate, you might have a lot of dust as a trade-off.

Considering that it takes an awful lot to persuade light to shoot off at a 90 degree angle, don't feel too bad that it isn't quite visible looking at it from the side. The beam is best viewed from a 30 to 45 degree angle, or 60 at most.

But again, just how many diffusive particles are floating around in your air really makes all the difference.