how would you rate Dorcy's LED flashlights?

flashniac

Newly Enlightened
how would you rate Dorcy\'s LED flashlights?

guys, I am planning to buy some Dorcy's for my business and I would like to know how would you rate them ? Throw, design, durability, overall quality. I would really appreciate any suggestions because I have to place the order before friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: how would you rate Dorcy\'s LED flashlights?

Which lights specifically are you interested in?

Bob

altoon

Newly Enlightened

If it's the Dorcy single-AAA, single-AA, or 2-AA: acceptable quality for the price. Brightness isn't up to the latest standards unless modded.

The newer xnovas and Ghost II's are of the same or slightly better quality, and much brighter. Check the Dealer's Corner if interested; Dae and Emilion carry these lights with wholesale prices or quantity discounts. Advancedmart carries the Ghost II for around $10, and I'd give them a call to see about quantities.

During a recent power failure, I hung Ghost II's from the overhead cabinets to light the kitchen counter. Plenty of light for preparing a semi-formal dinner (in my house, that's more than one fork, lol). I wouldn't think of doing this with the Dorcy - or any of my other 5mm lights, including the Arc AAA Standard and CMG Infinity Ultra.

I left them on all evening, with single-AAA xnovas on the coffee table for the guests to use. They were so impressed, I gave the AAA's to the ladies and the AA's to the gentlemen.

Just IMHO and YMMV. xnovas have replaced cheap Dorcy's for me.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

decent for an inexpensive light.

-David

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened

I have given away many AAA's as gifts, have an 8 led 2C for a bedside reading light.
My EDC lights are Arc AAA-P, and Nuwai Q3.

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Dorcy's quality seems to be inching up slowly. The "original" AAA, AA's, and C -cell lights were borderline shoddy. The luxeons are somewhat better.