Japanese develop female android

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, will these take out the trash on a cold night?
...or is that going to anger them into taking over the world? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
"More importantly, we have found that people forget she is an android while interacting with her. Consciously, it is easy to see that she is an android, but unconsciously, we react to the android as if she were a woman."

[/ QUOTE ]

That scientist REALLY needs a girlfriend...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

This is actually reminiscent of Disney Anamatronics although it's probably more realistic-looking in person. I can envision some attempts at using these in places like nursing homes for "human" interaction, with some disappointing and creepy results.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
That's not as new as the date by the headline would lead you to believe ... I heard about that months ago.

There are far scarier things than that out there ... not suitable for posting here.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no... She's the girl I met last night.
I was gonna ask about the batteries..

gorlank

Enlightened
I'd like to put a deposit down for the Catherine Zeta Jones model 2.0. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyberdyne Systems Model T.01-Synthetic Silicon Polymer skin over Advanced Light Weight Magnesium endo-skeleton. (spoken with a Austrian accent)

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it isn't a BORG queen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif