Spicy Black Bean Corn Jacks?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Anyone ever hear of or taste "Spicy Black Bean Corn Jacks"? They're sort of like corn chips but with spices.

I've been getting mine from Wits End and was just wondering where else they were available. I've checked the "bulk food" sections of my local markets and can't find them anywhere else. Several pounds fit in a flat rate box, so it's not a wallet breaker to get them from Herb once in awhile.

I really like the flavor of these - GREAT in chili! Interesting how one develops a taste for something, finds out they're regional and then can't get them!

nethiker

Enlightened
Never heard of them, but I did find the company that makes them here. If you have a small general store like the one where I live, I bet they would order some in and see if they sell. It's worth a shot.

Greg

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Spicy Black Bean Corn Jacks
I've included samples of some of the items in my store when I mail lights out. A couple times people have wanted more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I can get anything and stock about 1/2 of the products at Dutch Valley Foods .
Usually the shipping is close to the cost of product. I sent Rick a 4.5 pound bag of the Corn Jacks for about $16.50
That included a Flat Rate shipping box for $7.70. If anyone wants some (or anything from Dutch Valley) let me know. I'm slo-o-owly working on a website. I'd love to be able to do Amish baskets that we carry into gift baskets.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just a note...I knew with the new B/S/T rules I couldn't post this in the B/S/T Non-Lights, therefore wanting to ask if anyone knew where they were available - thought the Cafe would be acceptable.

I don't want to be responsible for any rule violations, therefore if any of you are interested in these from Wits End, PLEASE PM him and do not turn this thread into a B/S/T thread.

Thanks!

As far as the price goes, sure I can buy standard "corn chips" locally for less, but these are one of those "special" things for my family. When you consider I get 4.5 lbs for that price - it isn't that bad and again, it's special. (Herb hooked me!).

I get my brother to send me FRESH roasted peanuts from Akron, Ohio (yes they are typically still warm when they package them). There's websites that sell items unique to specific regions or even some of the "special snacks or candies" that one grew up with as a child.

Ahhhh, the Internet - "WHAT ISN'T AVAILABLE"!!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last time, Herb sent me a small sample of what I think were the Sweet Cream Almonds. They were great tasting.

I'm a resident of the greatest almond producing state in the U.S. and have always been an huge almond fan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now all I need is for somebody from Hawaii to send me some Maui Chips-Yum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
See, Herb's trying to get us addicted! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yep, I tried some of those Sweet Cream Almonds as well. I'd never had anything like those before, tad sweet - a little goes a loooong way!

Heck, maybe we ought to be "Cheering" Herb over in the C~n~J Forum?!

moeman

Enlightened
So he's a Pusher?
the first taste is free and then...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Yep many of our customers have said the same thing. We have 'samples' of some of our items out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . "Here, won't you try a Sweet Cream Almond?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif" Then they buy a bag. Then they come back for more and more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Best of all they're legal...so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif