Gladius Switch Trouble

BIGD

Newly Enlightened
Anyone had trouble with the switch on their Gladius? I was using it in channel 1 (momentary full brightness) and the button became stuck in the on (down) position. I wiggled the rotary knob and it "popped out" and turned off. It popped out a little too far and you could see under the button. I pushed the button in kinda hard and I heard a slight "click" and the button was back in its normal position. When I tried the other channels none of them worked and the rotary knob felt like it had sand under it (a grindy kinda feel to it). I did the take the batteries out and put them back in thing and that seemed to restore the other channels to working order but it "goes weird" without warning and stops working until reset again. I worked the rotary knob and it feels better but not like it did when I first got it (smooth as silk). If I turn the rotary all the way to the right (clockwise) which is channel 1 the button gets stuck down. I have to turn it clockwise and then ease it back a tiny bit to relieve the binding. This thing has almost zero use on it so I can't believe it has anything under the button or rotary knob. I don't want to spray anything in there to attempt to lube it since I don't want to mess up my warranty. I plan to contact the manufacturer and see if they will replace the switch or maybe the entire light.

cy

Flashaholic
did you align up tailcap with slot in body?

tailcap only goes on one way. amost broke mine before realizing it only goes in one way.

found out afterwards you need to read all the instructions before operating light.

silly me thinking one should be able to operate a light without reading instructions.

BIGD

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I sure did. I was actually using it when it started to act up. I figure something broke or shaved off inside the switch causing it to jam up. Probably the plastic plunger on the button. They might look at making the plunger out of aluminum.