Dorcy AAAs for cheap?

clays

Newly Enlightened
What?! You sure? Must be mis-marked at that store. Wal Mart still sells them for $5.94 or whatever it is, same as ever.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Yikes, for 22 bucks I'll buy a PT Attitude or a Streamlight TwinTask 1L and have some money left over. There are a lot of great lights out there for $22 or less.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
clays,

Is this the Dorcy you are talking about? 1 Led.

dsc008589fd.jpg

dsc008610md.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
7.99 at my kmart for a dorcy aaa.

but they sold all of them - none left for me.

I modded 2 dorcy aaa's with 2 u bin nichia's

they seem about twice as bright with the new led's.

I need to make a few more.

does dorcy make a single led aa light ?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have 3 walmarts here, I see em come and go all the time. They usually get some in once every 2 months and trickle down to nothing in about 3/4 weeks.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like clays, I just got three Dorcy AAA's for $5.94 at Walmart. That's the only $$ they got out of me in 2005.

My local Batteries + is offering $5 off of StreamLights, so a TT-1 is $20 & TT-2 for $25 - good values and nice lights.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes there is a dorcy 1AA it has 3 leds in it. Good host for 17mm IMS reflector. Cut a star down and press fit it into the body after soldering wires to circuit. Use a Luxeon III with a H vF. (a luxIII with the same "H" vf as a luxI will be lower always, as they refer to the voltage at 700ma, instead of 350ma.)

That should produce at least 250ma to the luxeon with a lithium or NiMH.

Or if you don't care about using cheap regular AA's, then mod it with a luxeon III with a Vf of "K" and pop a 3.7volt lithium ion in there.

clays

Newly Enlightened
Yup, that's the Dorcy. My WalMart has them in gold, silver, blue, and red. Wy wife is currently carrying a new red one we got for the normal $5.94 price. Interestingly enough, the tailcap on that one is extremely smooth and with good turning resistance for a Dorcy. Not at all loose or gritty.