Signals from Saturn

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not little green men, but recent signals picked up from Saturn by NASA sort of sounds like it might be. Scientists think the signals come from Saturn's version of the Aurora Borealis. The recordings were processed (including time compression) to make up those sounds. Whole story is here.

Sort of cool and goosebumpy sound... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
Sounded like a blast from the past to me. Late 50's early 60's Monster/space thingy movie. WOW how did they know way back then what they would sound like???
Topper

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa Dude I just had a flashback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It sounds like something from a early Pink Floyd album.

Very interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.........

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the signal is not from a BORG subspace transponder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Jean-Luc
Don't be silly. Our radio equipment won't pick up subspace siganls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Ummmm.... I can't figure out any other way to say it..... Is this a hoax????

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hasnt saturn emitted x rays like every 45 minutes on clock work like for a few years now? Its my understanding we lost one of out older diesel powered ufos there. They use several 6 71 engines to create the field necessary to pull the world around them and its range is rather limited to planet hopping.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've heard about "whistlers" in the VLF radio frequency range on earth (below 500khz) but I've never heard them. I wonder if these are similar.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Found a good source of earth-based VLF whistlers . Another good source of more complex ones is here.

They originate from lightning strikes and the descending whistles are the result of dispersion over long distances. Dispersion causes the highest frequencies to arrive first and the lowest ones last, so the result is an eerie descending whistle.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe its from the same planet, but a different dimension?