help, I have failed getting the batteries for luxV

flashniac

Newly Enlightened
I have tried everything to conect my lux V, Ihave used 4D batteries and it gets to hot, I used two 1/2AA 3.6V 850mAh and it does not give the intensity It should, the same happened with two AA 3.6V 2.1Ah and the lux just doesn't intensifies. please heeeeeeeeeeeeelp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: help, I have failed getting the batteries for

Try 6 rechargable NiMh batteries. Any size is Ok. That should give you 7.2V, but you should put in a resistor just to be safe.

Or you can try 3 CR123 lithium batteries.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

Do you happen to know the bin code of your LED?

A 2ohm resistor would probably work well, but it is pretty safe to Direct Drive it off of 6 NiMh or the lithiums.

flashniac

Newly Enlightened

bin# if this is what you refer to?
LXHL-PW03 (white)
LXHL-PE02 (cyan)

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

If you have a star it has it printed on the back. If you have an emitter there is no way of knowing the bin unless you were told.

A bin is something like VYOT or VWOS. Anyways, have you tried any of the battery combos I mentiioned?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

4D's and it gets too hot? That's only 6 volts alkaline. A typical luxV won't even be at full power with that.

Are you heatsinking these, what is the current going to them?

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those are probably Lithium Thorynol (or however it's spelled) memory backup batteries he's using - they can't deliver more than a few mA without their voltage sagging significantly - they're not designed for high current usage.