Just bought( 4 ) AAA Dorcy LED's for my kids>>>

DDS

Enlightened
Just bought( 4 ) AAA Dorcy LED\'s for my kids>>>

Great little lights! I was surprised to see such a variation in the color/ brightness of each individual light. One especially is super bright but has many rings. I plan on taking an abrasive pad to the LED to try and blend the beam. I like the Dorcy so much that I'm going back for 2 more :)! I'll experiment around with the degrees of "frosting" to get the beam I like. Great lights for gifting. I'm sure you guys have already bought these handy lights!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: Just bought( 4 ) AAA Dorcy LED\'s for my kids>>

I think anyone that has bought any LED lights at local stores has stopped by and picked up a AAA dorcy when they are in stock. I gave one to my aunt and she loves it. IMO it is the best in its class for price, quality, and performance. It uses cheap AAAs is small, outruns most AA/AAA incans in useful runtime and can use dead batteries out of other stuff for a few more free hours of use.

Try putting scotch tape on the lens, it is easier than sanding. I would also recommend getting a few of the new nichias from grumpy's group buy as everyone says it doubles the output (if I can ever get mine apart).

DDS

Enlightened

Lynx_Arc : Thanks for the tips. I will look into Grumpy's LED sounds great :) Dave

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Definitely a nice little light. Many of my relatives and friends have received them from me. I'll also recommend the scotch tape on the lens trick for smoothing out the beam without too much light loss.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

another trick is taking needlenose pliers and slightly crimping or crunching the threads on the body for the tailcap. It makes it a little harder to turn but helps to keep it from falling apart in your pocket. I lost the clip on my dorcy and had to bend a paperclip to fit as a replacement.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

i have one with a cut mjled. popped the little reflector out and sputtered it. wide smooth beam! i think i'm goin cut down a NSPW500CS now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts