breast growth in Brittish men

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read a news article on timesonline in UK which indicated there is high level of estrogen in drinking water supply caused growth of breast in men. British men are getting breast reduction operation. This is the URL: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1715014,00.html

I hope the problem doesn't occure here in north america. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It's called gynecomastia and it can happen for all sorts of reasons including tumors, contaminated food/water or side effects from a few types of meds. It can also happen from drinking way, way too much beer.

BTW, hormonal contamination in food is also being blamed for the early onset of puberty in an increasing number of young girls. This can cause numerous problems for them down the road including an increased risk for certain types of cancers.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
British has one "t". Your link doesn't work. Posting a grinning face doesn't seem appropriate.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I can just see it now... bottled british drinking water sold to women as an *enchancement*. If it works on men they could sell it to women that are less *gifted* in that area.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There are all sorts of screwy things that make it into the food supply. However pharmaceuticals should not be one of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BTW, these kinds of things have happened stateside also, particularly in farming areas. We are as guilty as the Brits of being sloppy with this.

LukeK

Enlightened
Solar -- take it easy man. The story was posted for its 'news of the odd' humor. No one was taking a real pot shot at the British. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Well I actually found the article myself, regardless of the useless link, seems as tho there where 53 operations, from probably 30,000,000 UK males. Having searched for this article I actually discovered that its a far more serious problem in the States, so now it is humerous eh LukeK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Solar Flare,

I've seen an increased number in the sale of shirts that say "Who needs women when I have breasts like these." here in the states.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's Ok to laugh. It's shame a lot of people get very sensitive nowadays. Plus, I thinkt he reason picard put laughing graemlins in his post is because it has happened here! It started a long time ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
I'm sure he meant it saracstically

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
First off, classic, just classic.

I've read women's hormone supplements, and birth control are huge problems in the drinking water. But I'm weighing the problem here, I grow breasts, but my wife doesn't get hot flashes and mood swings. I grow breasts but the mistress stays shapely and unfertilized. Breasts, no mood swings. Breasts, no new children. Its tough, but I'm going to have to choose the breasts.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry if I offend solar flare. It is not my intention to make fun of British men. The issue already happened in the US where over weight men developed breast too.