Help me choose 1w luxeon to run on rechargeables

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
Hello.
I have a visitor from India that will be with me about another 10 days. He wants a bright light about the size of a minimag. I wanted to get a 1 watt luxeon drop in or a flashlight that runs off 2AA rechargeable batteries preferably, or 3AA/AAA rechargeable. I can't purchase from the Sandwich shoppe or lamda as both are not available. I find a lot of lights but none of them mention rechargeables and alkalines are a bit expensive in India. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
Imgadgetman

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: Help me choose 1w luxeon to run on rechargeabl

If you don't mind using 4 batteries the UK4AA eled is a nice light about a long as a minimag but wider and works nice on rechargeables from what I have heard.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
and both run on AA type cells. People 'round here talk about using NiMH in sl luxeon jr. all the time. The longbow mentions it in it's product discription, and i can say that it works with NiMH cells (i have one, and it is a very nice light)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

The EL XM-3 and the terrelux ministar both can run off NiMH

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the input. Flashlightreviews said that sl luxeon jr should not be used with rechargeables but if it works for people here, I like the form factor. I like the terrelux ministar also. Any suggestions on any that run on a rechargeable 123? Thanks. Imgadgetman

aceo07

Enlightened

The Nuwai Q3 runs on RCR123. I've done it with 2 of them. It's the cheapest one I know of that takes rechargeables.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened

I've run all my AA lights (ministar, UK4AAeLED, SL Propoly Lux) off NiMH without problems.

I also run my longbow micra on RC123s, and have managed to blow up neither the torch nor the batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif YMMV...

pradeep1

Enlightened

My vote for Streamlight Jr. Luxeon 1 W - the newer version with 4 hr runtime.