• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB- LE around 500 mA for Aleph series- Closed

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello. I have two NG500 LE for the Aleph series and they blink with the resistors I am using. I would like to buy a LE around 500 mA that would work with 1 or 2 batteries.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Please send me the specifics and price.

Thanks,
Rob

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB- LE around 500 mA for Aleph series

I have a Downboy 500 with a TX1H I would let go. This is a super combination for either one Li-ion rechargeable, or 2-3 CR123 cells in series.

Its great with Li-ion cells because the Downboy runs efficiently with Vin close to Vout (Vf of the TX1H at 500 mA), and the H bin LED is efficient itself. Also, the Downboy/TX1H will not overdischarge even an unprotected Li-ion cell, and if you do use a protected cell like a Pila, it will start to dim at the end of the cell's charge instead of shutting off suddenly. I get better than a 2 1/2 hour runtime in regulation with a Pila 168S. Here is a runtime plot with this light engine: DB500/TX1H/168S

The Downboy works smoothly with resistors.

I would only let this LE go because I have a DB500/TYAH that serves the same purpose. I'll send you a PM.

fleegs

Enlightened

Thread closed because I can not get a board that runs a 1X123 light well without blinking while using a resistor.

Thanks wasBlinded,
Rob

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe I should qualify what I told you. If you put a low value resistor in the tailcap, so that the light isn't dimmed a great deal, the Wiz2 and Nexgen can give stable output. But if you are try to get dimmer, with more than 10 ohms or so, you will likely encounter the flicker you are trying to avoid - though results apparently vary. Good luck on your search. The new McLux PD might be just what you need, take a look at that.