AMAZING: an RC JET (real jet engine)-really fast!!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AMAZING: an RC JET (real jet engine)-really fa

DarkLight He he here is a jet with an ONBOARD video camcorder...
http://69.6.238.137/Video/Dragonfly_NEW.wmv

Or here even better, an RC jet with a WIRELESS cam that provides overlay speed, altitude and heading data...

http://www.corpcomp.com/weeks1/Movies/IsobarFJ2003.WMV

Oh and regarding speed, check this out: here is fairly boring video for the first 9min and 24 sec. However starting at 9min and 24sec, the clip shows the flight of an RC jet that is mindblowingly fast... also looks like it was built for speed... My favorite one however is still the first clip I posted in this thread. The overflights look like straight out of top gun.
http://users.skynet.be/nard/jop04.wmv

Or here is a B52 with 8 pulse jet engines...
http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv
and here the crash of the same B52
http://www.teambanana.co.uk/b52crash2.wmv

Here is an RC Eurofighter jet 9.5min video (really cool here are the tight turns and the slow fly-by's with flabs engaged (a nice one is at 6min into the video)
http://www.dreamworksrc.com/Video/Euro160.wmv

DreamScape

Enlightened

Awesome, Thanks for sharing these mobile1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love some details/drawings/etc. on the engines...

Super videos.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

there are a lot of model jet planes out there
pulse jets are okay but the mini turbojets are kooler.
there are mini turboprops and the turbine engine powered helicopters are really kool.

I have a mini turbojet engine with full kerosene autostart(no propane)(30 pounds of thrust)

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually the B52 was NOT pulse jet powered, it had 8 turbojets, and that represented an investment of about $25,000. Range and time aloft on the model was limited because the UK limits the maximum weight of a model aircraft to 150kg, or 330 pounds IIRC. The model apparently was 315 pounds empty.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I kinda knew the b52 was not a pulse jet

I never looked at any of the links to any videos

I have seen them all before

the model jet speed record is around 265 mph

my engine cost me over 3200.00

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

none of the videos posted here are planes with pulse jet's

these videos are all turbojet powered planes.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those r/c jets are amazingly fast. I actually saw some (maybe it was only one....) fly last year at the Miramar Air Show. I can't remember exactly how fast they said they were going, but I think it was around 200 mph. They also had that jet powered semi-tractor running there. Cool, cool stuff.

turbodog

Flashaholic

do a google search for alan szabo

world class heli flying

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw some world class heli flying there, too. Not as much fun to watch as the jet, but it probably a lot harder to do what the guy was doing.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

OK, I was going to not say anything, but I can't seem to control myself.
In the first video, that F15 isn't as fast as they would like you to believe. The video is played back at twice normal speed. When somebody hand holds a camera and follows a moving object, they don't keep it centered in the field of view. It gets away from them, they notice it, catch up, overshoot a little and the cycle starts over again. Every one of them seems to be about the same frequency. When something is shown in double speed, that jerking motion is also speeded up. Look for it in that first video, compare it to the last video of the Euro-Fighter. YES, I know the video in the Euro Fighter is smoother. Ignore that, look for the tracking jerk frequency.

Also every time I see that moron stuff the B52 into the ground, I get sick to my stomach. I've posted about this before. It was pilot error. It is a gray plane in a gray sky. He took off, let the plane get too far out, started his turn to the right. He completed a 180 turn, rolled out to where HIS WINGS WERE LEVEL (a no-no when far away) and flew straight for a while. This was on the downwind leg of the pattern. He was in bad visibility and too far out to fly with his wings level, giving no feedback as to his roll position. The plane rolled to the LEFT slightly. He was so far out, he couldn't tell if it was right or left. He thought it was right so he applied left aileron, causing the plane to roll further left. The confusion continued for another second or so. Finally, he had the plane rolled so much, it lost lift and started to fall. When that happend, he reacted by pulling the stick. The plane was nearly inverted at the time. Pulling the stick when inverted puts you in the ground.
The reason I'm so familiar with this scenario is that I've done it and have the medals for it. It looked EXACTLY like that crash. It ain't pretty.
BTW, if there was a chance for him to get out of that situation, it would have been to continue to roll left and apply DOWN elevator (stick) while continuing to roll back to upright. Kinda of counter-intuitive unless you've been there a few times.
OK, I'll shut up now.