Sinful Snacks

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Occasionally, I get the urge to eat stuff that's really tasty but very, very bad for you. The stomach wins out over the brain, kicking and screaming. One snack I indulge in is pan fried pepperoni with melted mozzarella on top sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes. Here's a picture of the yummy.

SinfulSnack.jpg

What do other people favor as really good, but really bad snacks?

Wilkey

raggie33

*the raggedier*
holly molly gin that looks good but do you realy use them chopsticks to eat?is it harder then fork?i tryied it once but didnt go well

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ginseng,

Your pizza looks a little. . .papery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like Starbucks' Chantico which is like intense melted chocolate. This stuff seems to have either detractors or addicts--I am the latter. Someone called it "Liquid heart-attack." That reminds me to go on my run this afternoon.

Incidentally, I don't actually think pizza or chocolate drinks are that bad for you. Both can be healthy and I consume both in abundance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nethiker

Enlightened
Well, the other night the wife and I were wanting a little something sweet for a late night snack. We were out of most everything good, except for some smores fixins left over from a camping trip.

Turned on the oven, wrapped the ingredients in foil and wala...a sinful snack. Not quite as good as those made over the campfire, but good enough to hit the late night spot.

Reaper

Enlightened
Honey and sugar sandwiches is one of my favorites. You would also think that with type 2, I should know better.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mexican chiaciarrones (spelling ?) - basically Mexican spicy deep fried pork rinds.

Only once in a while as eating them is something like putting sawdust in your engine oil.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
HEY Mobile1, what's the guy in the video doing?

Had some for the first time in a LOOOOONG time last night!

Kingfish (King Mackeral) "balls" soaked in soy sauce for 30-40 minutes, rolled in cracker crumbs, and deep fat fried.

To get these "balls"... cut slits about an inch apart all down the side of Mr. Kingfish. Then above and below centerline punch out the meat "balls" you will encounter. Very dense VERY white meat.

Last time loong ago (and several times prior) they were baked in the oven. SURELY more healthful, but lacking something!

I'll get the ones I couldn't eat for lunch tomorrow!!!

On a more regular basis, I have a soft spot for Bluebell "Great Divide".

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sinful snack is a Hot fudge sundae, minus the cherry, nuts, whipped cream and ice cream. I'm talking about eating the hot fudge (chilled) right out of the jar!!!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,
Hehe, yup. I use the chopsticks to cook them because they're the only things pointy enough to let me grab those thin little pepperonis and flip them. I use 'em to eat them too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif All it takes is practice, buddy.

Lightraven,
Yeah, a bit fibrous. Funny, when I was trying to gnaw the spilled mooz off the paper, I didn't mind ingesting a bit of "Bounty" here or there. Chantico? I've never seen that at the Starbucks here in Delaware. What is it exactly?

Mmmmm, smores. Yum. Dark chocolate. Double yum!

Reaper,
I used to make steamed sugar sandwiches as a kid. Sprinkle sugar all over a piece of white and then put it in a steamer tray in a boiling pot. Yikes.

PBJS,
That actually sounds good. Those are really the fish's testicles are they?

Wilkey

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like all kinds of snacks, but usually in moderation:
Chocolate of various types.
Chocolate chip cookies.
Oreos.
Ice cream.
Milk Shakes.
Fruit Smooties.

My normal diet isn't that much better though. I eat my share of cheeseburgers and fries, bar-b-que, mexican food, pizza. I do eat lots of veggies too, and I exercise a lot. My genetics lead me towards low cholesterol and the exercise helps, otherwise I would be in big trouble.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmmm, pepperoni... I could make that. As a matter of fact, I could make that right now...

I have also been known to gently microwave a handful of chocolate chips with a spoon full of peanut butter...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Oooh, that reminded me, a good chocolate malted milkshake with lots of malt powder, not completely stirred so there's a little bit of delightful crunchiness when one hits a pocket of it. I had lots of those malts as a kid but only very rarely as an adult because they're SO sinful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Grilled cheese with mayo and pickles. Don't forget to butter the bread!

Aside from the fact that I make it on whole wheat...

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chantico is the Aztec goddess of the hearth or something like that. But the drink? Oh, yeah. . .

According to various internet sources, Chantico is a powder containing Sugar, Cocoa (26%) processed with Vanillin, Milk, and Cocoa Butter (also called "White chocolate"). It is mixed with steamed whole milk and served in a diminutive 6 ounce cup.

Basically, it is hot chocolate, so what's the big deal? For one, Starbucks supposedly uses their own source on European Cocoa. Two, Cocoa butter is an ingredient of chocolate, but not generally part of hot cocoa mix. It suppposedly makes it richer. By using whole milk, the whole thing basically takes on the taste and consistency of strong chocolate melted into hot milk.

It is very sweet (a little too much for me) and very chocolately (which is unusual to most palates). It is thick like warm chocolate sauce. If overcooked, it can sometimes be a bit roasted or burnt flavored, but that is usually covered by the intense sweetness.

You can only drink it in small sips, and preferably with some water handy as a chaser. It's either vile or addictive or both. The first time I tried it, I didn't touch it again for months. Now, I can get it about once a week if I have water nearby.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh come on, you guys are killing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

i'm afraid i have nothing to add /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
I don't eat this but...I've seen it: saltines with butter and salt on top?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aah! Guilty of that one too. But I don't add salt, it's already on there.