It's not often...

matthewdanger

Enlightened
It\'s not often...

It's not often that you get to help a great cause and win an Aleph. But that is just what happened! I entered the BatteryStation raffle expecting not to win a thin but knowing that my money would go to a cause that I could really get behind.

Anyway, I ended up winning the #3 prize! It's the Aleph on the right in the pics. I'm stoked!

Thanks to BatteryStation for supporting our troops.

Matt

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Re: It\'s not often...

Oh and...

Does anyone know if this Aleph is just a body or is it ready to go? I have to admit that I know very little about the Aleph series. If it is just a body, what do I have to do to get this up and running?

Thanks,
Matt

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, regretfully, I'm Aleph ignorant, but I'll be watching this thread so I won't remain in the dark. I do know they're modular, well made and much sought after.

Congratulations none the less, Matthew. BTW, I enjoy your reviews - they are quite accurate.

Luxman

Enlightened

Congratulations...There is a lot of good information in the McLux Aleph Series FAQ within the McGizmo section.

...and I think "a lot" is an understatement... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened

Thanks guys,

I looked in the McGizmo section and it was a little intimidating. I didn't really know where to begin.

Oh well, I'll get it figured out.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Sorry, but isn't the third prize the Pelican M6 HA3 2390 Serial # 005 (middle one in the pic)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Click for large pic.

matthewdanger

Enlightened

I think you are right Bart, but in the email from Battery Station it said I won "the Aleph on the right." Oh well, either way I'm a happy camper and a good cause was supported.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Matthew,

It will come complete and ready to use. The Sandwich Shoppe has all the accessories and there is a sticky by kiesling on Don's board with everything you ever wanted to know (and then some!)

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Both Aleph's are complete with batteries. They have DB917 drivers And T bin LuxIII's (TY0J if I recall but don't hold me to it). The switches have 60 ohm two stage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations!

I won a "Gladius" in the last raffle and like you was most happy, just to support our troops!

I have an Aleph 3 with the same configuration, except "black" finish (your "winner" is a very exclusive ands unique finish); it's a fantastic light with great beam and throw,(it's absolutely my favorite 2 cell light)... hold on to your wallet..............I have many Alephs and just bought a chrome, bead blasted CR2 Aleph2 from Endeavor, couldn't resist!!!(I really like the Chop modded Aleph 1,in my avatar AND the new PD's are great, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

See
Primary Color Alephs
for a discussion of this finish!

jeffb

matthewdanger

Enlightened

Thanks everyone,

I have a feeling that I won the Pelican, which is fine with me because it was on my short list. I guess I will know for sure when it lands on my doorstep.

An Aleph would be nice, but I am happy with the 3W Pelican.

matthewdanger

Enlightened

I have confirmation from Kevin, I won the Pelican! I can't wait to play with it. I have an M6 incan and I love it.