HDS EDC accessories

JohnF

Enlightened
Who has any first-hand experience with the 'lens kit' (includes bezel tool, polycarb lens, UC glass lens, mild diffuser)? Since they don't say the diffuser is removeable, I assume it is fixed?

Who has used the seperate 'removeable strong diffuser', and could possibly compare it with the SureFire F04 (which I am currently using, and liking, with my Ultimate 60 XR)

Any inside to the 'EDC mild diffuser' vs. 'EDC removeable strong diffuser' vs. SF F04 removeable beamshaper?

Thanks,

John F

wmirag

Enlightened
I have that kit. The lens tool is great. The diffuser is a thin mylar-type plastic that is fairly opaque. It fits under the lens. In my opinion, the light quality suffers in color and in overall output i.e. it seems to put out LESS light, not just diffused light. Much as I love HDS products, I suggest you get cpf user AW's lens diffuser. It is a ground glass affair that almost magically doubles the diameter of the HDS hotspot while leaving the spill about the same. It does not seem to change the color.

Luxman

Enlightened
I have the 'removeable strong diffuser' on order - looking forward to see what its like.

Is everyone aware that the new Black Pocket Clip is available for the HDS light?
[also ordered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif]