Download For Burning DVD's.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Download For Burning DVD\'s.

Anyone know where I can download a program to burn DVD's using Windows XP? The one in my computer won't allow me to burn them because they're copy protected.

I have a friend who has a Mac and he downloaded a program that bypasses previews and anything else on the DVD except the movie and he can download any DVD. Only problem is it's not compatible with Windows.

Anyone know?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Download For Burning DVD\'s.

Hi Gene

DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink & Daemon Tool are all the stuff to need to copy DVD.

Get them all at doom.net

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

See if your local software retailer is still selling DVD Xcopy.
They wre forced out of business but my local Fry's was still selling it last I checked.

gorn

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
modamag said:
Hi Gene

DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink & Daemon Tool are all the stuff to need to copy DVD.

Get them all at doom.net

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. I have used several commercial DVD burning programs. None of them work as good as DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter. Just google them and download them for free. They are no longer being updated because the Motion Picture ***. beat them up in court.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be doom9.net or doom9.org (not doom.net)
A friend of mine who doesn't know anything about computers was using those programs and was succesfull, so they have to be good! heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another route is to re-process the entire DVD using scenarist/ifoedit.
That would yield the best result since you can cut out unnessary tracks & recode the movie.

However, this route have an EXTREMELY steep learning curve. Scenarist is one of the main software that Hollywood studio used to produce their DVDs.

It took me 5 minutes to learn how to use DVD-Decrypter & DVD Shrink. Where Scenarist took me nearly 2 months to just get a basic idea to remove the dam extra commercial.

PS: Thanx Isaac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

For easily "backing up" copy protected DVDs, I find that a combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 works very well.

AnyDVD installs as a driver level software that basically "decodes" all the region based DVD protection, and makes any software that accesses the DVD see the disk as unprotected. If you just install AnyDVD, you can actually drag/drop the VOB files from the DVD to your hard drive, then play the VOB files with a program like PowerDVD.

CloneDVD2 allows you to select just the main movie for backup, or you can also preserve the menus as well while deleting the special features section that take up disk space, but you don't watch anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif CloneDVD2 also reencodes the movie on the fly to fit into a single DVD-R/DVD+R as required, and the quality of the encoding is actually pretty good...

The great thing is that fully functional trial versions of both software are available for download at Slysoft, so you can actually try it out to make sure that it works for you before putting your money down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks to all you gents for your help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay gents, bear with me as computers aren't my thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I went to doom9.net, (thanks IH), and downloaded DVD-Decrypter. I put a DVD in and started the DVD-Decrypter. It took awhile but finally said the decrypting was finished.

What do I do now to rip a DVD? Evidentally, it sent the decrypted movie to my hard drive but I can't find it! Where do I look for it and how do I go about ripping it onto a DVD+R? Thanks much.

EDIT: Okay, I found the file or movie in my hard drive. I followed the instructions on doom9.net but still can't get it to rip the movie. Any help will be appreciated.

jhereg

Enlightened

Open DVD Shrink. Tell it to open the ISO or files you made with DVD Decrypter. It will process it for a while then burn a DVD if you have everything setup correctly.

Most of the time I can do it with just DVD Shrink, but some of them are protected (maybe 10% in my experience) & require DVD Decrypter.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Andy. I have DVD-Decrypter but not DVD Shrink. I'll go to Doom9.net and download it and see if it'll work for me.

UVvis

Enlightened

Mike,

DVD shrink and decrypter will do it provided you have software and firmware for a dual layer burner.

I gave up on dual layer DVD's due to DL disc cost and the fact that I don't care about the extras and other languages. The ability to add that material was not really worth the extra cost of the media. DVDshrinks compression for 4.3gig DVD's seems fine for me.